How to confront people who saying lies.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by meena12, Apr 20, 2010.

1. meena12

meena12 New IL'ite

I have a roommate, she tells lies, i am not thinking about her personal things even if she tells lies.

This is regarding the heating. She keeps the heating on as u know in cold countries we keep the heating on, I just asked one day that morning when u go to work if u keep the heating on, u can leave it , she said i never put the heating on, but she is telling lies , i have noticed many times (like when we put the heating on, the heater will be hot and warm and also we notice with the sound)
    I know she is telling lies, she keeps every day but tells lies.
    I thought to say on the spot that she is telling lies and i have seen her, but latter i thought that will unncessarily lead to choas , i was observing but was very cool.

This lady is very very talkive and talks things this side and that side.

How to confront such people and deal diplomatically without hurting them.

Sorry for my gramatical mistakes
    Thanks,
    m

2. Gooseberry

Gooseberry Senior IL'ite

Meena12, So, what you are saying is even if she turns off the heat she lies to you saying she leaves it on, and is it that by the time you return the room gets very cold ???............Is it that cold which is bothering you or simply that she says she turns it off but lies to you??
    I am sorry, I did not get the whole point here.

Sometimes, even though we know someone is lying it is better to let it go and not confront depending on who the person is and what situation we are in.

Confronting???.....It is just not worth it!!!............sometimes!!!
    When we know very clearly the other person is lying and that person is not someone as close as our spouse atleast, then try to be on guard when you are around them and don't believe whatever they say. Always, think for yourself again, on what they said when you don't trust this person and be cautious....that's all!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  3. meena12

meena12 New IL'ite

Dear Goose berry,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion . I mean to say that lady ons the heating every morning, but says that she never puts on in the morning, which she is telling lies. I pay the bills, as the room includes bills.

I am just thinking why can't she agree the fact that she on the heating which she does daily, i am going mad like why she is telling lies.
    I am thinking not to confront because it will lead to unnecessary choas. But how to deal this issue softely and now a days i don't like to talk i feel hatred to such people. I lost trust. Do you advise me to let it go even though she ons every day. IF it is once in a while i would have done the same.

Also one more thing i wanted to ask do u think we need to tell the room mate when we go out for two to three days.
    Please reply. The reply from Indus ladies really gives me peace and helps me.

Thanks meena