1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to clean the stomach ?

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by sanabijay, Feb 10, 2010.

1. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

yes every problem is related to stomach,if stomach is not clear...lead to many problems.
    thru these we can clean our stomach..
    1] taking TRIPHALA CHURNA with water daily will clear stomach,dont continue for long,take for 3 days then gap of 2 -3 days.

2] small HARADA POWDER WITH WATER every night before going to sleep.very effective.

3]we can go to yoga centres for SHANKHPRAKSHALAN METHOD for clearing stomach and it helps in reducing weight a lot.

4]every fortnight keeping fast but only on liquid like milk and buttermilk,no fruits.

hope this helps.
    thanks.

5]if constipated,take boiled moong khichadi only added little salt,take it for 40 days.its my own experience.

2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

HI Sanabijay,
    If you really need to cleanse the stomach use castor oil once a week.
    If you are constipated then also you can use it twice a week.

3. sanabijay

sanabijay New IL'ite

Hi priya,

good tip.I think we can have warm water +lime+honey is also good to stomach,to reduce weight and gives energy.
    sana

4. sanabijay

sanabijay New IL'ite

Hi mankan,
    first of all thanks a lot to share your experiences.
    Let me clear some doubts
    moong kichdi means rice+moong
    what is this harada actually?
    could you pls explain about that yoga method.
    I am doing yoga for backpain and to reduce stomach .AS far result is good
    sana

5. sanabijay

sanabijay New IL'ite

hi vidya,
    I will try your tip.I read in your profile about meditation.Is it good.I am starting a new thread for this can you post reply in it.also count yur blessings instead of cursing thats very meaningful
    sana

6. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sana

Thank you very much for the tips. I will surely try to do it in the morning.

7. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya

I think this castor oil which surely help to clean our stomach. Let me try this from this weekends. Thanks for posting.

8. Riyaa

Riyaa New IL'ite

Hi Sanabijay,
    Vamana Dhouti and Laghoo Shankaprakshalana (or Poorna shankaprakshalana) are the two simple yogic methods of cleansing the stomach. They are very simple and natural methods of cleansing.
    Vamana dhouti cleans the upper digestive track, shankaprakshalana offers a complete wash out to alimentary canal. Vamana dhouti in simple terms is to drink about one and a half litres of lukewarm saline water early morning in an empty stomach and vomitting it out. Shankaprakshalana is to drink 1 or 2 glasses of lukewarm saline water and perform certain asanas, at one stage you'll have an urge to empty the bowel, proceed to the toilet, empty the bowl, come back and continue the practice. When one round of the set of asanas are over, drink 2 more glasses of water, repeat the process. Doing it for 3 or 4 rounds is called Laghoo shankaprakshalana (i.e. short shankaprakshalana), which can be done once a week. Doing it a number of times, untill the motion comes out like a colourless liquid is poorna shankaprakshalana, which should be done only once or twice a year.
    Please don't start these practices on your own. For the first time one definetly needs a teacher's guidance, after which you can continue on your own. I'm insisting on this point because, who should not do these practices are very important. For eg. anyone with hypertension or heart disease should not do it. Relaxation techniques after the practices are important. What you should eat after the practice is important. I'm a yog Therapist, but it is difficult to explain everything here.
    I can assure one thing, these practices, keeps your abdominal organs healthy, by removing all impurities. cures chronic constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, piles, indigestion, gas trouble, hyperacidity etc.. Useful for asthma and bronchitis too. A very good way to reduce obesity.
    If you have any specific question, feel free to ask me. I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.Thankyou for giving me an opportunity to let you know about these wonderful yogic techniques.
    Regards,
    Riyaa.

1 person likes this.
  9. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

dear sana,

moong khichadi is only moong.

and harad is like a nutmeg when u see ,it is little smaller than nutmeg,it is easily available in indian grocery stores.

and shankhprakshalana method is already been explained by our dear IL[thanks for that,friend].
    thanks
    take care.

10. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

nice tips for cleaning the stomach
    thanx