1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

How to clean the dirt (coffee/crayon/oil etc) on the Wall??

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by swaran, Nov 10, 2011.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

My toddler is growing fast...now you can understand the reason for posting this question right..hehee...:bonk

yes, nowadays i see lot of dirt on the wall...not just on the wall,like basically wherever there is painted section...small oil spots,coffee spots,crayons on the walls and other places...i would like to use something to clean it...havent tried anything much till now...

just thinking whether i could use some acrylic colours or buy small paint bottles and paint that section....

any other options ladies ??????

thanks in Advance

2. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

Hi Swaran,

I should say same pinch :) Our entire house from living room to all bedrooms are full of crayon art. DD and her friends love to scribble on the walls and to add to it MIL and DH play with her by drawing whatever she asks for. Howz that? To top it all it is our rented house. So just wondering what price would the house owner ask when we vacate the house :)

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hello YEsBEE....

same pinch ah..hahahaa....super dooper to know that your MIL and DH too join the club..hehehe...i myself know that we would be asked to pay the amount for repainting the whole house... :-D..

i am desperately waiting for some answers from our fellow ILites...lets see whether we get some tip :)

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I think cleaning with some soapy water should do the trick - for me most of the times though, using Mr.Clean magic erasers has worked wonders. Do check on an inconspicuos space first before trying. Enjoy the art ...... and the clean up ladies :)

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srama...
    thanks a lot for the suggestion...i have not tried the soap water tip as i felt it might rub few layers of paint as well or atleast could fade..maybe i could be wrong...:bonk...letme try
    this ,magic eraser,letme see whether i get it here..
    thanks a lot:)

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

swaran,

IT is a growing phase..and I know a lot of families, where they postpone the painting until the kids are 10 atleast, if it is their own house.

atleast it is pencil and sketches..i remember my son making stamps on the whole wall when he was 2..and ofcourse on himself..(we used to get these kits with engraved pictures, and you get stamp ink box too..)

i have scrubbed him with bleach and scrubber..lolz.. and even tried to clean the wall..but it fades the paint if it is not washable..even washable paints fade ..unless they are enamel or something similar it is a waste of trying to clean it..but you could give a try with a eraser the regular eraser..sometimes pencil marks go.. if not, try with a ink-eraser pen...

maybe sticking chart papers so that the child learns to limit to drawn in allotted spaces will help in the long run..but murphys' laws works the best when you are kids you know..you love to draw everywhere other than allotted spaces..you love to play with kitchen vessels when you have boxes of toys....

and yes you need to pay a maintenance charge at the end..but our kiddos enjoyment is worth it..that is how we consoled ourself..don't forget to take pictures of those scribbles..or videos..you can always give them to her when she is 16/18..

so enjoy this, because they grow fast..

7. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

same pinch from my part too........heee........heee.... but i enjoy every bit of his drawings...

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot shanvy for that lovely response ...:)
    we too have the same stamping thing...till now she has not touched the walls with them...:confused2:but not sure how long she would continue to be like that...:shaking:
    very true...i have even thought of erasing the marks from my DD's body with all the detergents and scrubs...hehhehee..they are just too tough...

have not tried the erasers...let me try..thanks a lot for the simple suggestion...
    when she uses the chalkpieces,i have removed them with the normal board dusters and they have gone..thank god...
    very true...my DD will try to draw on the places where there are no charts to know how her drawing is coming out on those surfaces as well..hehe...these kids...uffffffff.....
    very true..yes they are must to be enjoyed and ofcourse preserved as well :thumbsup..i am doing that...
    but then if nothing works,as you say we ll have to pay the maintanance charge(sure its going to be a huge one) and move away..hehe

thanks for sharing your side story as well:)
    so enjoy this, because they grow fast..[/QUOTE]

9. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

join the club lovelyme ;-)

10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

few more suggestions for the oil stains!??????...please help ladies!!!!!! :drowning: