1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

How to clean Oil Cans?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by aishu22, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I too cleaned my oil can with shampoo this time and then with Vim liquid and there is not a trace of oil. All these days, I didn't have a hint about it and feel embarassed that I have not thought about it. Thanks a lot for the tip.
    Another tip- when we stay in hotels or sometimes with Tamil magazines we get sample sachets of shampoos. We could use them for this purpose.

2. Poonkodi

Poonkodi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the useful tips, i will try these

3. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

I keep small tissue paper under each can. I keep separate small cups with lid and spoon for daily use. Whenever I pour oil into the cup from tupperware I clean the nozzle and sides with tissue. I make it a point to compulsorily wash the tupperware when it becomes empty and before pouring in the new sachet of oil. One of my friends does not empty the oil pouch fully. She cuts the corner, pours oil into small containers and keeps the pouch resealed with rubber band and places it inside a bigger container. It does not become messy as it contains only the pouch. It becomes easier to clean. I wash all containers when they become empty and only then replace with new item. This way work doesnot accumulate.:thumbsup:thumbsup