1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to choose dresses??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Ooviya, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

hi,

I know , choose dresses according their body shape.

1. How to choose dresses for slim and tall girls?? EXCEPT THESE:

a. Avoid vertical lines
    b.Use big flowers and patterns and bid borders
    c.Top and bottom are in different colours

2.what is d trend today in reg.chudi and salwars??

3.how to choose jewels for oval shape face girls??:cheers

2. binti

binti New IL'ite

For pear-shaped women with full hips and thighs, the dress should shouldn't be shorter than an inch or two above the knee. Select a dress with an A-line skirt but not something too full. A short, super fuller dress will look like a tu-tu.
    To draw the attention away from your lower body, select a dress with a plunging V-neck, halter top or embellished neckline.

3. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

4. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

after 216 viewed, but only one was replied.. it's ok..

5. reshresh0484

reshresh0484 New IL'ite

fat people should never go for horizontal lines as it will make them luk fatter
    Vertical lines and even small checks can be a great choice

I am short and slim. I go for small prints rather than the big ones and keep the slawar top short with kurta collar

6. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hey tall and slim girls can look good in most of the dresses.
    everyone learns by trial and errors and by experimenting with diff colours and patterns u can know what suits u best.
    the trends which im seeing are anarkali suits , umbrella cut suits. they add a bit of width on slim girls and make u look fuller.
    besides that patiala salwars look cool and trendy, they also look good on thin girls.
    personally i dont feel big flowers patterns look very good but then it can vary as per person.
    u can go for puff sleves also.
    i would say if u r too thin dont wear too tight clothes.
    Rule.No.1 : Accentuate your positives!

When searching for clothes, look for sari blouses or tops that enhance your facial features and chest area (but not in a trashy way). Choose flattering colours for your skin tone and accessories (jewellery and hair accessories) that direct a viewer’s attention away from those features that you are self-conscious about.

Rule.No.2 : Conceal the negatives!

Avoid clothes that draw attention to what you feel are your negative features. For instance, avoid clothing that is too tight — that will overemphasis your features such as tight jeans or lycra tops, light coloured pants / skirts, especially if you favour dark tops.

Rule No. 3 : Come out of hiding!

Get rid of those clothes that make you feel the most frumpy! Eliminate restricting sari blouses, and baggy pants and T-shirts from your wardrobe! These things tend to draw attention to your physical shape and only serve to make you feel more self-conscious. A more open collared top, maybe a V-neck or a crew neck.

Rule No. 4 : If it makes you feel frumpy…don’t wear it!

If you feel self-conscious, you can’t feel comfortable and much less, sexy. First of all — find a style you are comfortable with. If you wear Salwar Kamee (which one admits are very comfortable), forget fabrics with writing, etc., on them. Find fabrics with solid colours or with complimentary patterns on them. The kameez should be long enough to cover those ‘trouble spots’. When choosing a style, they should not be constricting or too clingy. There should still be room to breathe, although not too baggy.

Rule No. 5 : Take your time and take a friend

When shopping, take the time to try on clothes before you leave the store. Take a friend along who can be objective in helping you find clothes to compliment your shape. If ‘sexy’ or ‘foxy’ is what you’re looking for, why not bring your spouse along? Put on a little fashion show in the changing booth area for your significant other. Who said shopping should not be fun for your other half.

this has worked our for me. see and explore what works best for u !!

1 person likes this.
  7. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply!

8. Ramar

Ramar Silver IL'ite

Dear Ooviya,
    Thanks for this question, this has been ringing in me for a long and now i got some answers for this..Many useful tips are provided in this thread. In general, i would like to take tips on indian style of dressing for plus size people. And also about the type of material worn by Plus size people.
    As per my experience, plus size people are left with very few choices in indian stores, and over these there is little room to apply the above said tips..Let me sum up my questions?
    1. What type of clothing should plus size women avoid?
    2. Does wearing Jeans jackets look odd?
    3. Especially in chudidars, which type of design should plus size women take/ avoid?

Nandriyudan,
    Rama

9. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

In my experience, Rama, plus sized women should avoid stiff fabrics, like organza or heavy cottons-they adds bulk to the body. They should also avoid drawing attention to the areas of their bodies they dislike-if the upper arms are big, avoid tight short sleeves; if the stomach area is big, avoid clingy tops that emphasize the midsection and tops that have a visible demarcation at the waist (like cropped jackets); if the rear is large, avoid trousers with pockets that draw attention to this area or make it look larger than it is (like those small patch type pockets with the button flap, yuck!).
    My own personal peeve (for anyone over the age of eight, unless they are a gymnast or dancer)-NO SHINY SPANDEX! EVER!! OR TIGHT LYCRA LEGGINGS WITH A SHORT TOP! These tend to make you look like a shiny sausage, no matter how good your body is, in my opinion. Maybe if you are at the gym, but not in public, please.
    Always, always, always dress to draw attention to your best features, and to distract or guide the eye of the beholder away from any flaws (real or perceived) in your figure.

1 person likes this.
  10. mikegriffoun

mikegriffoun New IL'ite

Dressing sense is much important for fashion and style which reflect your personalities and buildup your image. You have to select dress according to your body structure, Height and color.