1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to build my confidence?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by anutt, Jun 11, 2011.

1. anutt

anutt Bronze IL'ite

dear friends, as some of you may know... about 2 weeks back my dd fell down from bed.. From that day till now, i have been little nervous .... Off late my mil keeps questioning me if i take her out everyday or not(ours is a big aprt and has a park , inlaws not with us).. after this incident.. i stopped taking her out totally :drowning

i keep thinking what if something happens after i take her to park ... and keep worrying too much.. my husband comes home late... i need to lock the house, take the keys along with me , my dd and her pram...

is this too much worrying ??please tell me how to be confident when you take your LOS out

thanks for letting me share such a simple worry

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

anutt, there is no need to panic. Infact you should be more courageous so that you can inspire the child to be bold & brave too as they learn a lot observing people and sorroundings. I have seen many moms like you coming out to the garden with their child. If she falls from the bed, keep huge pillows on the sides. By taking her out, you are introducing her to the external world. Its good change for both of you to pass time. All the best.

While talking to others just keep your eyes & ears on the sorroundings too and on your little one and your belongings. wish you both a great time in the garden.

3. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

Don't worry too much.Just do not keep thing about the fall,think of other pleasent things your DD does.Take her out.it will not only do her good but will be refreshing for you too.Make friends with other moms,have them over for play dates and tea..MOVE ON.

4. anutt

anutt Bronze IL'ite

hi mira, thanks a lot for your reply.. am actually giving myself excuses each day..like am tired, she is sleeping, am busy, maid came..:spin anyway i shd first stop that and try to go out atleast alternate days..

thanks

5. anutt

anutt Bronze IL'ite

hi preeth, thanks for your reply.. actually ur right in sense that i try and think something more pleasant... i am busy throughout the day somehow or the other..and all the while, the fall keeps reminding me i shd more careful... i know its good in way but its also driving me little crazy.. i shd probably do some positive visulization... anyways thanks

6. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Write down all you need to do when you are leaving the house,as you have mentioned :locking the door, taking the keys etc. Make sure you check your list and then you are good to go with a peace of mind. Once you start doing stuff only then you will regain your confidence.

7. anutt

anutt Bronze IL'ite

dear libra, thanks for this suggestion...infact i want to start this writing down and start checking from tomo.. thanks..

8. Sweetgirl123

Sweetgirl123 Silver IL'ite

when u were pregnant did u notice other women that were at the same level of pregnancy as u?
    or do u know other women that have a child the same age as u?
    then just make a date with them in the garden, which is more fun for u and later on the child might have a playmate in a few years.
    or if u really hit off with the other women u can invite them to ur home and they might invite u in theirs.
    just bring a blanket for the child to lay or sit down or roll on and everything will be fine.
    as for going out, just pack a bag with the nappies, food, bottle,blanket or whatever u might need, keep it near the door and u wont forget to take it with.
    when u come home simply exchange or put the things inside u will need next time
    as for baby falling down, just get a padded blanket and put her on the floor if u leave her unattended (or in the crib), leaving a baby unattended in heights is not good but u have learned that lesson already the hard way.

9. anutt

anutt Bronze IL'ite

dear sweetgirl, thank u for so many tips. Actually I recently relocated so not many friends.

I have slowly started oing (right now 2 times a week) . I need to make this atleast 7 times. Keeping a list of things ready with me, and i try to check it before leaving...

Ur idea of inviting people home is good. I will try to do that.. that way I get to exchange more inputs.

Thanks for your help here. Much appreciated.