1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Become Mentally Strong And Bold?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by generic, Aug 28, 2016.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Please give suggestions on how we can become more mentally strong, insensitive to others comments , bold enough to face any problem and become mentally strong?
    I introspected all issues faced in married life and I've and realised that if I had been a little more bold, outspoken, proactive and thick skinned half the problems could have been avoided.
    Cannot change the past but future problems at least can be avoided.
    Please give suggestions.

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

positive affirmations again and again everyday will heal you from inside. it will even help you to be more confident to face life.

generic likes this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

1. Be independent
    2. Believe in yourself.
    3. Have self-esteem
    4. Stand up for yourself before it is too late
    5. Speak your mind in soft but stern voice.
    6. Don't take abuse in any form
    7. Take care of yourself. Eat well, stay healthy and fit. Do things that makes u happy!! Put this on the top of the list
    Not sure if this makes any sense hope it helps

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    sangeethakripa, dc24, jramesh and 4 others like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I have said this many times but I will repeat it again. It is not what someone said or did that affects our self-esteem and it is our own reaction to it that is responsible for it. Most important element in handling such situation is Self-belief, Self-confidence and Self-satisfaction.

Imagine yourself sitting in a beautiful flower garden of so many different colors, the beauty of which is breath-taking. It is surrounded by water fountains that keeps the plants fed constantly. There is a bright Sun above the plants and the flowers are very happy to welcome the Sun. Occasionally, the Sun is covered by the clouds but nothing can prevent the Sun light permanently.

Sky is the limit for one's achievements and only limiting factor is how one reacts to a condescending attitude. Build a wall around the flower garden so that it is unaffected by the environment outside. Nurture and maintain the garden well and enjoy the flowers blooming.

Viswa

5. Avika

Avika New IL'ite

Try to do yoga and meditation to be mentally strong and also to be calm and control your emotions.

generic likes this.
  6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Think of a situation which upsets you repeately. Practise your responses for that in front of a mirror. Make sure you have a good posture, right tone of voice and the right expression when you try to convey something. (Look up FACS regarding facial expressions)

And then get it out of your system that way. Smile a lot on front of the mirror. Practice happy expression. Open expression. Talk about your feelings. Talk about what you've done that makes you proud. Tell yourself a joke. Practice handling tricky situations.

All this will help you greatly in gaining confidence and portraying the right expression when it matters. Good luck.

generic likes this.
  7. stilldeshi

stilldeshi Senior IL'ite

Hello generic,
    Start by saying that I am starting new from now onwards and stay positive, try and forget all the bad things from the past. You are responsible for yourself and deserve to be happy. You can do it my dear, you can be bold and mentally strong.

generic likes this.
  8. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

9. whistle

whistle Silver IL'ite

The truth of the matter is, one can never become insensitive to other peoples comments.

But you can choose whom you want to keep around you.

generic likes this.
  10. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

True. Have to consider comments of those whom i care about and ignore rest.