1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Be More Feminine

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by ChennaiExpress, Nov 14, 2016.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Honestly, how to be more feminine?

Maybe it's an open-ended question

Only in past two years I felt urge to wear maxi skirts. Recently I feel urge to wear earrings and necklace when possible.

Funny, when I was married to my ex, I didn't have urge to be feminine (I guess it was the Universe stopping me), and he would say "make like girl". If he was really concerned, he could have purchased jewelry and dresses, but I digress.

Just now my Dad was saying I should get an interest in cooking, because most girls do. Then I replied that I was discouraged from cooking, but pulled more towards studying side.

Then he says yes, if one place you have to choose between cooking and between studying to get good income, get good income so you can pay someone to cook.

On the other hand if you have interest in cooking and you are good at it, people will pay you a pretty penny (he didn't use that phrase, I just think "pretty penny" is cute) for your culinary skills.

A lot of time when he speaks normally, I get horrible flashbacks of my abusive ex.

And I don't want to keep bringing it up to
    1. My dad because he is a human being
    2. Myself because I am a human being

At home I wear sweats because I live with parents, do chores and exercise to prevent bad health (lot of diseases run in our family).

And my mother is not feminine at all. Attitude and personality comes out, you simply cannot make it pretty with clothing, makeup and jewelry.

So ladies, you are my virtual sisters.

Please tell me, what do you do, how do you feel, to be more feminine.

2. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

ChennaiExpress I don't know how to be more feminine. But about the cooking part, are you telling that u don't cook often or that you don't cook at all? Cooking is a great stress buster. I too was not interested in cooking but now I can cook okish dishes and if I feel upset, i start cooking.

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Right now I don't cook ..... only warm up food, make salads.

I wish I can cook ..... especially healthy Indian meals

4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Hi CE,

IMHO, Basic Cooking is an essential life skill And cooking is not necessarily a feminine trait.
    Start simple and you can do it. You-tube/cooking blogs are the only gurus you need.

My 2 cents:
    Don't try and fit a mold. It is good to develop ourselves, learn new stuff, indulge in that those that give us happiness, dress up, dress down, whatever. But dont feel pressured to do this because that is what girls are supposed to do.
    And also not everything we learn has to be a means to a monetary end. One can learn to cook ,do well in acads, play sports, dance, play musical instruments, etc... They are not mutually exclusive. Afterall, we want a holistic growth.

5. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

:flushed:

As SunPa mentioned, cooking is a life skill. Cooking is very easy. Just a bit of patience needed in the beginning. Listen to your favourite songs & cook & you will enjoy the process. Start with easy dishes or one pot meals. Then based on your interest, you can decide if you to learn further. Best wishes.

anika987 likes this.
  6. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

I can try to be more feminine, some ways will be:

always wear nail polish, or get your nails done. Make sure your hands are moisturized and look supple with nice nails when you go out.

wear some thin bangles, get a dozen in white gold- thin ones or get he american one. Make sure it is more than 3 bangles but not chunky ones but thin ones.
    You can get pandora kind of bracelets

wear a nice watch with sparkly stuff in nice color

Now, for hair, keep them untied, and blow dry it and keep them long

wear nice earrings- dangling ones not the studs

wear a nice necklace, like long ones 30+ inch or the 18 inch

So basically, it about accessorizing
    wear some color in tops- like green, purple, red, pink..

wearing skirts might be tough but it is doable..

Think basic outfit and then add something extra!