1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Avoid Pda Obsessed Couple

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by anehstar, Sep 8, 2016.

1. anehstar

anehstar Silver IL'ite

I recently went on a 4 day trip with my husband, his cousin brother and his wife. We couples are almost same age and newly married ( 8-9 months) , except the guy who is elder to my husband by 15 years (this being his second marriage and supposedly a love marriage. The girl is my age). The other couple has a habit of showing a lot of Public display of affection (PDA). They seems to be so much obsessed with each other that they cannot think anything else and they dont see who is with them.
    So it goes like this, we all arrived at one place and hired a car for a 4 hrs drive to reach a tourist spot. Both guys decided to share the drive half distance. When the Cousin bro was on the wheels, he had his left hand holding the steering and right one on her thighs, caressing it. Even she was doing the same. This continued on the whole way until we reached the spot. Side by side , he continued to praise his wife and made glittery remarks about her cooking, cleaning , eating, walking, running skills. Me and my husband were sitting behind and watching this, but avoided and just listened to him and acknowledging it.
    We got down at one location and started taking pictures. They wanted numerous pics along with videos at just one location with different poses captured from multiple media devices. Initially with a cheek kiss, tight hug followed by a long smooch, lifting her, holding her in all possible ways. When we asked them to take ours pics, they just took 2-3 and said ok lets make a move from here. It was so annoying as me and my husband were holding their smartphone and camera and taking their pics and unending videos. We stopped at few more locations on the way and this sticking together continued the whole day. We didn't enjoy the place as such. On the return, he asked my husband to drive, on the back seat they are lying on each other and enjoying their endless smooch and kiss with touch here and there. To avoid the awkward silence and listen to their smooch sounds, my husband switched on the radio and started talking nonsense to me like look at the mountains, look at the trees, look at the cows. :confused::grimacing:
    Day 2 started with same tone. They generally made it a point to walk behind us and if we used to turn and ask anything, we will see them kissing each other. I stopped turning back after i saw it a couple of times. We stopped at a coffee shop where there were sofas lined up in a line. She went and sat on his lap despite being enough empty seats available. During lunch time, we sat opposite to each other. The guys hand was constantly on her lap ( placement of the arm made it visible, even though it was under the table). My patience was tested when evening we were at a place where he suggested lets take a video of all 4 of us. He kept his video cam at a distance , turned on the video and asked us to just say anything. His wife started telling like a tourist guide about the place and having good time blah blah. This was cut short by him grabbing her and forcibly smooching her.:facepalm: Me and my husband were standing like fools watching this. It was very embarrassing to witness all this full 2 days every time.
    While returning they said, this is a nice trip. We will plan next one also together. Figure out a place soon and lets go all 4 of us.
    How do i avoid going with them next time since their this level of PDA bothers me. I couldn't enjoy the trip , rather ended up clicking their 1000 pictures and videos. He is the only close cousin staying here and keeps a check on our trip plans for long weekends!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    pocahontas, sindmani, dimhere and 4 others like this.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Sounds hilarious. Cheekily say, I'd rather you have your privacy and we, ours. And say you've made romantic movie watching plans or get away plans. Be direct and say, another time perhaps.

pocahontas, sindmani, soulful and 4 others like this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If you can't beat them, join them! :biggrin:
    We've all giggled at amorous newlyweds in our time. Seriously though, if you don't want to go out with them again, politely but firmly say that you have other plans. Rinse and repeat as needed.

4. mfbtnuae

mfbtnuae Senior IL'ite

Oh God. How embarassing. Better be direct and say that you want time alone with your hubby or something. Put him on restricted access on facebook or whatever so that they dont get idea of yoour plans. Better is dont discuss any plans in social media or to any of your friends and relatives. Make plans and then say it was a surprise from you to your hubby or vice versa.

5. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

:roflmao: cant stop laughing....

Maybe to each their own. Just be polite and firm in declining the invite next time if they call! And very vague in your plans when they ask.

Hope they do get the point...if not, then enjoy another free p*** movie at their expense :lol:

anika987, vaidehi71 and anehstar like this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Just tell them"you guys need your privacy":rolleyes:.

7. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

The next time they invite, say this "Oh, the next trip for us is going to be a romantic one. Just the two of us. And since we both like to be romantic only in privacy, we will be going alone. Thanks for asking."

Long weekends are precious for traveling during the early days of your marriage. Don't waste them by talking about cows, or mountains pls! :biggrin:

pocahontas, sindmani, JGVR and 4 others like this.
  8. samsWait

samsWait Silver IL'ite

Lol. Look at the mountains and cows haha laughed out aloud. Ask your husband to handle them next time around.

vaidehi71 and anehstar like this.
  9. Manojs

Manojs Silver IL'ite

I couldn't stop laughing.Just avoid them citing some reason.

sindmani, vaidehi71 and anehstar like this.
  10. anehstar

anehstar Silver IL'ite

@guesshoo :grinning: Sure! This should work, I hope so!

vaidehi71 likes this.