1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Avoid Inquisitive Indian Aquitance/neighbors

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vedhavalli, Jun 19, 2017.

1. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Don't open the door next time when they ring the bell especially in afternoon when your kid is about to sleep. If something is very urgent they can anyways call you. If they ask reason, just tell that we both were asleep and didn't hear the bell.

You must actually be a very good person and liked by them, that they come and talk to you. But it should all happen when you are free to talk and not them alone.

The lady who brings her kid to your house shouldn't be entertained at the cost of your kids nap time. Is it a daily thing or once in awhile . Sometimes that friend or neighbor would have been bored n irritated, that she comes to you for some peace of mind.

Now since u have known X and y nature, don't open the door when it's inconvenient for you to talk. If they do come in somehow, just hand them some work like peeling garlic and u both can chit chat.

In general, do you talk a lot to your neighbours.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  2. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

The best thing you could do is not open the door when she knocks on your door. Second bets is, open the door, tell her that you cannot let her in and then close the door.

Is it possible for you to continue with your chores while she is still there at your place? I assume it would be tough to have your kid stick to his nap schedule if your neighbor parks herself at your place with her kid.

Could you move up your kids nap time by 30-45 mins for a few days? Put your kid to sleep and find some thing to keep yourself busy, like preparing for a course or interview.

I hate the kind of people who simply invite themselves over without checking if its ok. And I have exerience with neighbors who acted like IL's and demanded that we tell them everything we do or plan to do

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    sindmani likes this.
  3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @Rihana for suggestions and ideas.
    You got me correctly.