1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to avoid going to doctor every now and then.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by mickeymini, May 30, 2013.

1. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

My kid is 5 years old. He always suffer from cold,cough and wheezing. I give him medicine and take him to doctor every now and then. Can somebody please suggest some remedy to avoid this. Will yoga be helpful or should i do something else. Thanks in advance.

2. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

Try to find out which is allergic to him and try to avoid... some are allergic to dust, smoke, some eatable..(chocolates/icecreams). and try to improve kids immune rather going to doctor now and then... give him some iron/vitamin tablets which increases his immune... hope this helps...

revathi

1 person likes this.
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

mickey, I think what would help is get a complete health checkup for him, from head to toe. 1 glass of orange juice everyday helps a lot in keeping a few things at bay.
    Also, I completely agree with the previous poster, get him checked for intolerances and allergies.

One thing I noticed in my 17 month old is that, if I give her some home remedy as soon as I spot symptoms of cold/cough, they dont aggravate. If I leave it without giving anything, then it comes to a point where medical intervention is needed.

For cold, all I do is apply vicks and give a few drops of homeopathic medicine. For cough, usually honey+ginger works for her. Do some home remedy soon after spotting a symptom and more than likely, they can be contained.

4. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mickeymini, Don't worry. There is wonderful medicine which cures cold without any side effects. Take one betel leaf and crush into juice. Take this for half a tea spoon and mix with half a tea spoon honey. This will bring out all flums. Try this and let me know

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thats wonderfu! I never heard this before. Can I give this to 1-2 year olds as well Rith?

6. Gopvan

Gopvan Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    To add to the above topic,I want to share my personal experience, I started my kids with a good multi Vit supplement and Vit c supplement. I could see remarkable improvement in their health. Apart from that whenever they get the symptoms of cold and cough I started giving them a spoon of Manuka honey. Within a day or two the symptoms subsided and there was no need for me to take them to the Dr.

7. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

My daughter was having the same issue. We checked for allergies and asthma and came to know she has mild asthma. Better to check for all possibilities. Also fresh orange juice /Vitamin C helps too.

8. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

Yes honey with pepper , vitamin c/orange juice etc helps to keep the cold and cough under control. We don't give any other medicine for common cold.

9. JazzyJazz

JazzyJazz Silver IL'ite

I don't have kids yet, there is one growing in the tummy though, from what I experimented with myself and learnt through all google and internet, a diet which includes Vitamin C everyday will help keep away all such colds and infections at bay. I used to eat an orange a day along with 2-3 dates for 2-3 months and notices a real difference in my immunity levels. When I was small, my Family Doc prescribed some multi-vitamin which helped too.

10. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

wash hands frequently.......carry hand sanitizer & wet wipes when going out.....

I take kids to doctor only if they have fever running for 2 days otherwise for cough i make them do saline gargles & for cold steam is best before they sleep.

little tea made with cardomoms ,cinnamon occasionally also helps as well as drinking warm water boiled with few leaves of tulsi........