1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

How to apply for EAD in US/Other EAD Questions

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by vaishnavilakshmi, Oct 9, 2007.

1. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

My husband is from world wide category and his GC is in EB2 category so if you look at the visa bulletin it is current. World wide category is also called rest of the world category.Meaning he was not born in India and not from backlogged countries either.It is usually the first column after different category column like EB1/EB2/EB3.Isnt it C always.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  2. sssaustin

sssaustin Senior IL'ite

so you meant all chargeability areas except those listed ...right?

As I did not find any category as world wide category in the bulletin I was taken aback.

All the best...I have heard people being approved within 6 months too...I'll include you also in my prayers...

Sorry for the confusion though.............:spin

3. chocolate

Yes, I meant the same.Its okay. Even I didnt understand all these things for a long time. Being from that category is not making any difference. Its been almost 5 yrs we applied. Hoping will get it this year.
    Thank you very much for your prayers.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  4. sssaustin

sssaustin Senior IL'ite

One of our friends here got it within 6 months and the spouse belonged to Kenya.May be like they have certain visa numbers for each country of chargeability.If you are thru a lawyer he might help you thru cos now we have opportunities to take up appointments if our dates have crossed beyond the USCIS processing time...

If you belong to TSC and your lawyer a AILA member ...then there is really good news for you...

TSC has introduced a new streamlined inquiry procedure that is available to attorneys who are members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). Through this procedure, AILA members can facilitate TSC processes relating to identification of EB I-485 applications and I-140 petitions through the email address streamline dot tsc at dhs dot gov.

This procedure helps TSC identify I-485 cases that remain pending and are subject to review based on availability of visa numbers according to the Department of State Visa Bulletin. As soon as the Visa Bulletin is published, AILA lawyers can submit via email the list of all clients whose visa numbers will be available according to the Visa Bulletin.

Hope this helps...

5. chocolate

Thanks for the info.I will talk to the lawyer.

6. shobanaj

shobanaj Senior IL'ite

SSSAustin, you said it right. Getting GC is literally not in our hands it all depends on the luck that we have.

Even though they say prority dates, current, visa bulletin this that, by looking at the examples of various GC cases, US consulate does not process the GC in the order they received.

I have got the first 2 stages approved. Yet to file the 3rd stage as the PD is not current. I might turn 80 by the time i get my PD current who knows. I am in EB3 category.

7. alamelu1983

alamelu1983 New IL'ite

Re: EAD process - How long does it take for EAD to come?

Hai Golda,

It depends on when your PERM case was submitted to DOL. It can range anytime between 2 to 4 years easily, depending on your Priority date.

8. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

Is it ok to travel out of US while on EAD? i read that While travelling in europe the authorities there dont understand EAD process and sometimes it could be a hassle.

will there be any problems in port of entry here in US?

9. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

To my understanding, EAD doesn't give you any right to enter US. Its the visa that you are coming in, matters. EAD is just the authorization to work once you are in US, not the authorization to be an immigrant to US.

10. chaaral

chaaral Silver IL'ite

We will have advance parole while travelling out of US, initially i was on H1,but now after i got ead i didn;t renew H1. so while travelling out of US and then returning will there be any problems?