How To Accept The Reality Of Life? How Did You Deal With Some Heartbreaking Situation

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sweetsmiley, Jul 19, 2021.

1. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Sure, Thanks for ur kind words.. means a lot

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

If it makes you feel any better..

I would love to exchange lives with you:)

I miss India a lot always and miss the energy and vibes the country has.

I miss my family back in India and many a times feel very lonely here.

winters make life more gloomy.

Life is so Robotic and materialistic and this used to stress me a lot and am slowly coming to terms with it and still struggling.

My kid is getting so Americanized that sometimes when I see kids in India on my vacations there..my heart aches that my kid isn’t that way.

So grass is always greener:)

sweetsmiley and Metamorphic like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

It is not that you are the only person affected in the manner you had described here. There were and are hundreds of thousands the world over. They managed. So you too will & can!

I thought it was a great windfall for me when the announcement came. But then read it in the link:

Spouse, Son & I Are Off To London Via Airindia Boeing 747

Yet the tunnel seemingly dark & long, yet at the end I saw a bright light
    Almost four and half decades gone by. What was almost real turned unreal in a jiffy and for my family & I, It was a great leveller we learnt neither to feel elated nor deflated. We were taught to maintain aplomb.

I trust this would comfort and heal you.

sweetsmiley likes this.
  4. sweetsmiley

I can understand your feeling, the things you listed are there and sometimes i also felt like that when i was in US. Due to the stressful professional life, family issues and society, i wanted to move to abroad..

but grass is always greener on other side is very true..:)

anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. sweetsmiley

6. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

I had to learn very early on in my married life that if I accept what is handed to me, I will be happy.

All I had ever required when my parent were looking for a groom was that he should be settled in India. Having grown up abroad, I had yearned to settle in India knowing all my family would be there. I did get a husband who was in India. But, unknown to me, he had the dream of moving to the US.

I was miserable after I moved here. And those days making a call to India was not as easy as today either. I missed weddings, fun times in general. BUT, I thought I needed to be the owner of my own happiness. Once I decided that I have been happy. I do yearn every now and then to return to India and live there, but knowing that is not going to happen, I am happy with life here.

anika987 and sweetsmiley like this.
  7. ArpanaTenn

ArpanaTenn New IL'ite

Hey life in abroad isn’t that easy. I always loved staying back home at India , I moved to UK jus a month back .. it feels utter lonely here…But ultimately u have accept what it is and live life looking at the positive side

8. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

We left everything abroad and moved back to India to raise our kid here..For me disappointment was this long wait to finally land back home.OP you will find alternative ways to be happy and be realistic.Just figure out the things which you missed doing earlier and explore the options ...Things will fall in place soon and you will totally forget this miserable phase :)

9. sweetsmiley

few things are not in our hand is what i understood :) Very Kind of u to share ur experience to console me..
    It really helps Thank you..

10. sweetsmiley

Hi, It will be like that only in the beginning later you will be fine.. Things will settle for u
    Thanks for ur comment

anika987 and ArpanaTenn like this.