How secure is Ebay site?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by sonu_627, Nov 21, 2005.

1. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Had any one encountered with ebay account hijaking?
    I used to buy few items in ebay but i got few emails stating that i am a seller n someone wants to buy few product. Then i got to know that my account is hijaked n someone is using my id as a seller.

Now i wan to sell few things. I wan to know how secure is ebay site and how can i can i make my account more secure?

Sonu

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sonu,

I know that practical solutions and tips will answer yr question better. Still try this book
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TD class=j>[size=-1]Decorating on eBay: Fast & Stylish—on a Budget by Barbara Guggenheim, a Hardcover book from ReganBooks, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.[/size]

Though it is mainly on buying from eBay, I understand that it tells you how to use eBay more effectively and safely- the book apparently begins with a section on how to use the internet for shopping etc.

I have not read it myself, ---

good luck
    Vidya

3. parkerlindsey

parkerlindsey New IL'ite

Well Sonu...
    E-shopping is really a great concern in todays world of technology. Almost everything can be easily hacked by professionals. So i advise you to avoid e-buying. Though sites like e-bay have very secure methods, still nothing is permanent.