1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Take the 100 Days Positivity Challenge : Join Here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

How secure is Ebay site?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by sonu_627, Nov 21, 2005.

1. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Had any one encountered with ebay account hijaking?
    I used to buy few items in ebay but i got few emails stating that i am a seller n someone wants to buy few product. Then i got to know that my account is hijaked n someone is using my id as a seller.

Now i wan to sell few things. I wan to know how secure is ebay site and how can i can i make my account more secure?

Sonu

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sonu,

I know that practical solutions and tips will answer yr question better. Still try this book
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TD class=j>[size=-1]Decorating on eBay: Fast & Stylish—on a Budget by Barbara Guggenheim, a Hardcover book from ReganBooks, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.[/size]

Though it is mainly on buying from eBay, I understand that it tells you how to use eBay more effectively and safely- the book apparently begins with a section on how to use the internet for shopping etc.

I have not read it myself, ---

good luck
    Vidya

3. parkerlindsey

parkerlindsey New IL'ite

Well Sonu...
    E-shopping is really a great concern in todays world of technology. Almost everything can be easily hacked by professionals. So i advise you to avoid e-buying. Though sites like e-bay have very secure methods, still nothing is permanent.