How R People Buying 3 Homes In The Us?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by EagerForInfo, Jan 2, 2019.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Hello

We just have one home. That too we are paying with a struggle. Not expensive too. But what makes me wonder is how small small kids are coming to the us and buying 3 houses that too 500 k houses just 5-6 years after coming to the US. Am I missing something ?

2. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

I wonder too..

Do they have kids? Or is the family left behind in India? Or are these investment homes where they are getting rental as returns or planned to sell off after prices hike?

Or plan to flip houses and then sell for profits?

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Family money, investment properties, well-paying jobs.....it's not that hard in some markets.

4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

People entering the job market today are definitely paid higher than some of us that have been in the job market for a while. Besides, not having children is definitely a huge money saver - what with the absence of day care expenses and such things.

Also, if there is a young couple, both working in the hi-tech space, with no children, the combined incomes will be quite significant. And what with companies like Apple/Google/Facebook etc throwing stocks at their employees, within a short amount of time, the disposable incomes of these youngsters is quite significant!

5. kss_v

kss_v New IL'ite

I’m surprised too to see their guts.. being on h1 people take risk of buying 3 houses. Even if they have children, they think as an investment for their kids.

6. shinycalif

shinycalif Silver IL'ite

Hi EagerForInfo,

Some are smart decisions you make early on in your career. There are people who are stingy and don't spend a single dollar outside. No eating outside, coffees, not much shopping. Things add up. Also when you buy an investment property and rent it out and then when you sell in 2-3 years you could actually make a handsome amount if you have invested in the right neighborhood and your calculations have been right. You have to keep in mind the existing market, have a sense of how the market might shape out, job opportunities, any new developments coming in that city, inflation lot of aspects and if you are lucky you might actually get a good amount. Another thing is if both husband and wife are earning it really makes a great difference. Its personal choice and also professional not everyone can get a great job in a competitive market and not everyone can have the heart to leave their kids at day care. But I would say if you have been educated here thats a great added advantage for getting a good job. All in all to each their own but if you come to US at a very young age to study there are lots of added benefits . And there is no harm in buying houses on H1 if you know how to manage your finances well and are aware and prepared for the consequences in case one person lost their job.

shyamala1234 likes this.