1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How often your PIL/SIL see your child through skype/video chat?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sha2, Dec 12, 2014.

1. sha2

sha2 Senior IL'ite

How often your PIL/SIL see your child through skype/video chat? My PIL saw my child through skype in 2012 after that they never took any effort to see our son.

2. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

My PIL never see DS in skype or anything. They don't have any means to do so. Not because of a lack of a laptop. In 2008 we gave them a laptop with a camera so that they could use it for video chat. In 2010 when we went to India, it was still unused. That year my husband took it to a nearby place and got it fitted with a tata docomo (or something of the sort), paid for 1 year in advance and showed them how to use. They still NEVER used it. After 1 year FIL did not renew it. In 2013 DH brought the laptop back with him. And it was totally spoilt because it had been kept without using for 5 years.

2 people like this.
  3. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

Mine just got it here and just went back.
    I hope they do not do it that often because if they do it for my DS, then i will be asked to talk too...anyways, I am better off just talking on the phone

1 person likes this.
  4. aryashi

aryashi Gold IL'ite

Weekly once

1 person likes this.
  5. Vanilasky

Vanilasky Silver IL'ite

My PILs are not familiar in using laptop etc. my FIL doesn't even talk to me , DH and DS on phone.MIL also never talks to me and DS in phone. Once in a mnth DH will call and ask the whereabouts. That's all . My parents also don't use laptop but they want to talk to 3 of us almost daily . They also ask us to send photos by post. Due to this my DS is very friendly with my parents than my ILs.

1 person likes this.
  6. sha2

sha2 Senior IL'ite

Thanks everyone.

7. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Skype was bought by microsoft around that time. It might have something to do with it as skype has gone downhill from there on.

I suggest you try google hangout. I am sure your PILs will like this better.

Good luck. friendssmiley

8. malapandey

malapandey New IL'ite

My PIL are spending 4-5 hrs daily on skype to see my DH and to interfere in our lives..:exactly:

what I cooked today ? what I am wearing ? each and every detail should be known by them. and then they will give you their orders which you have to obey otherwise DH will feel bad and he will start creating scenes..thats what my DH do to please my PIL otherwise they will feel leftout alone..everyday they come up with the things that affect worsly my relations with DH

any suggestions for me ??

9. GirlyGirl

GirlyGirl Senior IL'ite

I had (having) same issue. I understand how much this would irritate someone. My husband used to call my MIL and SIL daily. If he missed to call them, they used to give us missed calls continuously like something has happened. Without thinking about the day and night they used to call us. After that their conversation used to start in Gtalk. Each and every detail, what is happening here in my house used spread to like a bbc news. This really frustrated me and was affecting our relationship. One day I clearly told my husband, I think he understood my problem. I have indirectly told my MIL that we also have personal life, so don't expect us to call and report to you daily. My husband still talks to his mother daily to check her health (This is what he tells me). I have seen lot of improvements from both sides.

10. seekingpeace

seekingpeace Silver IL'ite

Everyday twice...MY DS is 18 months and they want to talk to him twice a day coz my parents do that :bangcomp: ...they came to visit us as soon as we moved and saw my parents talking to DS twice..infact they said reduce skype commn with my parents for baby to once in 2 days ( radiation influence..i told them not to keep phone nearby)..and now they are doing twice..once I have to show them and then in night DH has to show them..if i dont show..i get call..if i dont pick up then multiple calls and then DH calls and asks why no show...:spin..what to do..any suggestions

and yes like OP mentioned they ask what we do in everything..if weekend..then they ask did u sleep in noon..if no.then waht did u do..what did she cook.aaaaahhhhhhhhhh