1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

how often should i use henna mehndi if i want to thicken my hair?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by lucymaria, Sep 4, 2012.

1. lucymaria

lucymaria New IL'ite

i used to have an eating disorder- i was very unhappy with my looks so starved myself of food and became very thin. as a result of this my hair became very thin, weak and frizzy. with a lot of hair fall. i recovered from this disorder and became healthy and good weight again 4 years ago. Yet my hair is still in this same bad condition. I have been using henna and it has improved it a lot, but i wish to gain a bit more thickeness and want to be able to grow it (at the moment i can only grow it to shoulder length and then the ends are so thin i have to cut) anyway how often is it safe for the hair to use henna mehndi? I have heard that if used too often it can do damage and make hair dry or actually make the hair condition worse. I have been doing it once every two weeks. How often can i henna without adverse effects? Thankyou very much for any potential answers :)

2. jyotiparab

jyotiparab Silver IL'ite

hi
    which heena you are using?
    does heena really help tomake hair thick...mine is also this..pls guide

3. lucymaria

lucymaria New IL'ite

yes since i met my best friend who is an indian i have been using coconut oil very regularly and henna once every two weeks. The improvement is brilliant, so i believe henna does make hair thicker and definately more shiny. the henna i use i actually bought in india, it is called pravin nartaki herbal henna :) x

1 person likes this.
  4. radhi1010

radhi1010 Junior IL'ite

use twice a month not more than that along with regular massage with oil

5. currynspice

currynspice New IL'ite

My hair is black and I have always used mehndi for conditioning only, not for colouring. But now I have some grey hairs and I don't want them to be coloured orangish red/brown when I use mehndi for conditioning. Is there any way to use mehndi so that it does not color the grey hairs orangish red/brown?

6. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

hi lucymaria
    u can use henna pack 15days once.if u use henna itself i t can dry ur hair.u should aply henna by mixing hibiscus flower powder,curry leaves powder,amla powder,lemon, curd,tea decoction,egg white,euculliptus oil.apply leave it for 1/2hour n wash with plain water do not use shampoo

hi currnspice
    if u apply henna for 1/2an hour its conditioning.if u leave it for it 3hrs then only it changes the colour.3hrs is for colouring

1 person likes this.