How often do you shop for your lingerie?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by malspie, Apr 30, 2008.

How often do you shop for your lingerie?

Poll closed Oct 27, 2008.
  1. Quite Often

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Once in 3 or 6 months

30 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Once in a year

15 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi Senior IL'ite

I go to a lingerie shop whenever I am in the mood. Or if I need it for a special dress or so. I don't like lace underwear, I find it very uncomfortable.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Chandramukhi,

Thanks for polling here.

3. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

A good thing I did a search before asking "this" question :)

A wonderful thread, Malspie, & even better answers.:thumbsup

Most of my innerwears are from India. So whenever I go, I make it a point to get enough to last me well. I would say that's almost once in 6 months. In case I am not able to, I get it from here itself. In rotation, I have almost 12 pairs :hide: presently. I prefer wearing any material otherwise, but during my periods, it has to be cotton.

But what always begins to dazzle me, is the way most ladies wear their bras, by supporting it with safety pins. If asked "why", they say, "it's only homewear... While going out, I wear another ones". I get so wildRant& then there are some relatives who wear nearly no-elasticity-left panties. Is it so hard to buy a new one, or it is the fond memories with the present one? I fail to understand.

Once my F-i-l had worn a sleeveless vest with quite some holes on the back. I told my daughter (she was 3+ at the time) to embarrass him a little, so that he'll change out of it. But he didn't. I ask her to rip it off. It was hilarious. She had such a good laugh doing itBig Laugh. He quickly ran & got it off. Now he makes it a point not to wear any such kind in front of us.

I'm planning :idea to either throw "them" away without notice or plain embarrass them, till they get rid of it.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi JustAni,

It was a detailed, perfect and hilarious reply.

Thanks for polling and digging this thread.

5. landnwater

landnwater New IL'ite

I am getting married soon, my hubby is very romantic and he likes some fashionable bras and panties. he is requesting me to get some G string. I am feeling nervous as i have not wear such panties.

what shall i do ?

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

HI Landnwater,

Why get nervous, he is the only one who is going to see it, so go ahead and wear it.

Make it a point to confirm there are no hidden cameras in the room!

Joking babes.

7. ganesh79

ganesh79 New IL'ite

my wife does not wear panties at home...:crazy (does this happen with all women??) but she wear them when she go out...
    She have variety of bra and panty and she buy them frequently...
    i dont know the names of different types...so i cannot write them here...

ganesh

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  8. vijayar

vijayar New IL'ite

Hi all

Great to see that important topic is being discussed. I shop for inner - wear for my kids once in a year, when i also shop for lingeries for the entire year.

I have noticed many people spend huge amounts on designer wear, but seldom spend time in picking and choosing what is worn next to the skin. Also as noted by you some do not wash it till it turns color ( becomes colorful!!??!!) .

Bye.
    Vijaya

9. Ruchira12202

Ruchira12202 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Needless to say Im new and you guys know each other. Since we are sharing...i'll be quite honest i didn't realize people were so well organized about their UG rotation <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" src="file:///C:\Users\ASIFIQ~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>. Honestly I don't have any time structure at all, whenever im in a mall i like something i pick it up (every month or so), so needless to say i own a lot of things that don't match.
    I luckily don't have the wear n tear issue, if something looks a bit dull or not shiny new off it goes to the bin. However, I have to confess there are a few bottoms I hold on to that I should have parted with a few yrs ago….i think it's because they are the nicest and the best pair I ever got and are so comfy. The older they get the more comfy they get-like an old tee. While I say this im not proud of it.
    I once lived with a gal who carried a LV bag but had bottoms that were so torn (im not sure how they got in been ripped state), but she refused to throw them away. An intervention had to be staged; we framed it and gave it back to her to hold on to dear memories :rotfl. Needless to say she threw it out immediately.
    I have come to recognize that I'm not very good at picking the right kind which gets me to pick more bra's than most women. Each time i see a color, or a kind i get it (needless to say in my size), but all brands tend to have their OWN version of my size.
    This brings me to my question:-is this just my issue or u guys have the same problem? If so, what do you do n where do u shop?
    Thanks,
    Regards,
    R