How Often Do You Go To India? When Was The Last Time You Been To India?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by gknew, Jun 2, 2023.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

This is the summer time and everybody is traveling since all COVID restrictions are done.
    I feel home sick and sad today. So writing this post just to get to know how often do you all travel to India.

I went to India 4 years ago and didn't go after COVID started. We are on visa, so we have to go for Dropbox appointment when we go to India.
    As you all know, it's very hard to get appointments for Dropbox. We have been checking for the dates. Didn't book the flight tickets yet, because we can't book flight tickets without the visa Dropbox dates.

I feel homesick and sad because few of my neighbors left to India in this week. 2 of them are going to my place in India which is just minter minutes away from my parents place. So I felt sad and angry on myself that I couldn't travel.

My parents never been to US and they are not interested to come too. So I have to go see them. They are in late 60s and early 70s, so I didn't force them to travel too.

Few of my neighbors who are traveling now, they are never been to India in the last 8-9 years. They said they are just going now as they just wanted to go atleast once as it's been very long time.
    My parents ask me to come every year but I couldn't go. I avoided travel after COVID..

How often do you go to India?

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I went to India last year after a gap of 8 years. Each family has different problems when it comes to India trip. Im already planning for next India trip which will be next year since we have to close some pending legal work .

Thyagarajan and gknew like this.
  3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Yeah agree. Everyone will have their own personal reasons.
    That's true that we have to plan before few months about the upcoming trip. I am currently planning to go this month or next month if I get visa dates. I didn't travel anywhere after COVID and definitely airline prices have increased.
    I checked prices for a later date this month and for a date after few months. Both were almost the same and not huge difference. So I decided we can book any day when we decide to go.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

How much are the prices where you are at.

I see between 3k to 4k all of June and lot of July. Sigh!

5. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Oh no... That's too expensive. I see mine are at $1800ish. I have to check through some consultancies too.
    What's the price for your place after few months? Is that high too?

And 3k to 4k is two way tickets for one person or the family?

6. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I went to Chennai consulate for my stamping several years back. Their process was pretty streamlined and yes even during those times we had to keep checking the website for slots. My friend who left yesterday got her appointment at Mumbai consulate. Keep checking for all locations. Something might open up. But she has been planning for several months. How about trying once summer crowd dies down ? Maybe peak of summer might be difficult.

gknew likes this.
  7. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

That's true that summer time is really difficult to get through. And less chance of cancellations.
    My kid's school will start in August 1st week and I think I have to plan for winter break or any other school holidays.

Yeah openings do come up in several locations but it's coming for the next day or within two days. Otherwise after 3 months. I think it's better to book after 3 months and book flight tickets accordingly.

I wish I would have seen before few months to book this visa slot and planned for summer trip. We didn't plan to go to India during summer. Since I feel bad and homesick, I thought of rush up this trip if we get visa slots. I know that's difficult to get through. Let me check if any slots open.
    Also, I got to know we can do Dropbox in a h location even though the appointment is another location. That's a good option too.

8. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

i went to india in 2019 just before covid about to start for my younger bro wedding.. and now we are travelling in couple of week.. its not compulsory for me to go as my whole family is here, but my husband side their whole crew is there and they like to see grandkids and they cant go without me so going as a whole family this time with my 2 yr old daughter. my husband visit every 2 yrs as his mom keeps asking him when are you coming,when are you coming..

gknew likes this.
  9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I haven’t been back for 5 years. My parents came once before Covid, but I haven’t seen my sibling for that long. We hope to travel as a family next year. It will be my kid’s first trip to India.

gknew likes this.
  10. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

I have visited India 5 years back. India trip needs a huge planning in everything. I hope may be next year I will visit.

gknew likes this.