1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you communicate with your Parents???

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Sunny3, Feb 1, 2010.

1. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

hai everyone
    I talk to my mother daily, just to know how are the things at their end and vice versa. Her voice comforts me a lot, otherwise staying this far is a big thing for me :)

2. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

I talk with my mom just about everyday! Since my dad passed away, I make a point to chat with at least everyday unless I am out of town. It is nice to hear about her day and things she did as she is elderly and lives on her own. I try to spend 15-20 mins on the call.

OOPALL!

3. priiya

priiya New IL'ite

Hi

Nice thread.I love talking to my mother too.Talk to her everyday on the way to work and back home.Totally for atleast 1.15 hrs at least.

Weekends we rarely speak, cos my DH gets moody sometimes.
    She anxiously waits untill Monday morning to hear my voice.Most of the weekends we end up speaking for few minutes :)

4. Pontu

Pontu New IL'ite

I talk to my mom 3, 4 times a week and I call my dad once a week. However, I talk to my brother almost everyday via skype :). Weekend calls to india are short and mostly to the point as dh is around and would give weird looks:crazy.

5. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Nice Thread.

I and my parents communicate almost 5 times a week......chatting done religiously for half and hour to 45 mins...... with daily schedule given. It is skipped only on weekends when has to take children to some park in the evening.
    When i am in my inlaws place in Chennai for vacation we will daily call each other and exchange matters.
    I speak to both my dad and mom for a long time ....telling pranks of my kids..........children will sing songs, tell their small daily story to their grandparents............Though far off from parents.........thanx to technology that we are in touch with parents via chat and webcam.

Parvathi.

6. SIRI7575

SIRI7575 New IL'ite

I call my parents daily most of the times and talk for 2-3 mts
    and during holidays i talk for 15 mts

7. rose2110

rose2110 New IL'ite

daily...45 mins chat.....even if there isnt anything imp to discuss.

While i was working topic used to be my marriage...now that i have no kids its that...tmrw when i have kids...probably abt them ill talk

8. raksh81

raksh81 New IL'ite

Hi ,

Very nice Thread ...

I speak to my mom 4-5 times a day ... right from the time i leave to office and usual talks like had brea fast lunch etc ....

I cant start my day without spking to her ....

Miss the days i used to chat with my mom hours to gether before wedding ...:idontgetit::idontgetit:

9. youngnrestless

youngnrestless New IL'ite

daily, 5-10 mins in the evening via skype

phone if one side is not at computer, on the phone my dad will barely talk and mom will talk more, on skype its the other way around...hm...

10. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

I talk to my mom & dad once a week .. for 30 mins & then DH calls my parents on the weekend for 15 -20 mins and then I talk for 5 mins.

In-laws once a week alone for 5-10 mins and once a week with DH and me 15 -20 mins and then I talk for 5 mins on weekends.