1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you communicate with your Parents???

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Sunny3, Feb 1, 2010.

1. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

nice thread..
    i talk to my parents daily..
    i call them once or twice a day. they call me atleast 4 times in day...:)

2. punitapurva

punitapurva New IL'ite

Mostly once in a week, since I am married and far away from them.
    But I stay with my inlaws now and they are my parents with whom I interact daily.

3. sowbarnika

sowbarnika New IL'ite

I speak to my Parents on alternate days. It will be a short call however all updates are exchanged. Both Mom and Dad speak equally well. However I will have to change the way I speak to Mom and the way I speak to Dad.
    Mom needs to feel that I genuinely want to talk to her. So she will take the initial 2 mins to judge and settle and then start talking. Dad will just ask abt my well being share updates and hang up.

My In laws are not very particular that I call regularly. They dont call me at all. I Call my MIL once a week bcoz she does have much to talk and she is not talkative. FIL speaks rarely but when he talks he has a lot to share. He enjoys sharing things with me bcoz I encourage him in all his daya to day activities and his business

4. mfkhan547

mfkhan547 New IL'ite

My day starts with calling my mom. I call her everyday and share her all the things. I don't like to hang up. Sometimes its like Mom bye and call her again, "Oh! Mom i forgot something". My mom keep me realizing that your call is getting way long, it will cost you. But i don't care because i can't live without her.

5. destiny23

destiny23 New IL'ite

Very nice thread.
    I called my parents everyday after work,for around 20min to 1 hour.
    My hubby calls my parents 4-5 times a week, sometimes 2 times a day :thumbsup!!
    My hubby asks me everyday did you talk to mom and dad? If I say no, then he will himself pick-up the phone and call my parents,he talks to my dad about 10 minutes but with mom he will ususally spend 30-40 minutes,since my mom treats me like a daughter in law but treats my hubby like her own son, and I am very happy it's that way(touch wood)!

6. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Nice thread.
    I am all senti now. Want to see my mom:crazy. It's like over a year since I saw her in person
    I talk to my parents every other day on skype(video call- 30 mins) and once in week end on phone. I prefer skype as we can see each other.

7. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Regarding calls.. I call my mom/dad everyday(sometimes twice) 10-15 minutes. And talk to my MIL twice a week and the conversation goes for 30-40 minutes.

Anuradha, I follow some food blogs and would love to know your blog. I know it's against IL rules to post external links. But if you can tell me your blog name, that would be nice (like what to search for etc.,)

8. BeautifulSoul

BeautifulSoul New IL'ite

Really interesting to see ur responses !!

Before marriage i used to call my parents once a week or 10days. Now since i have got married and am at home, I call them probably twice a week and talk for long but when I am traveling for work it can be once in 2 weeks or something like that. Just texting them once in a while and talk in between is actually fine with me.

But the interesting part is my DH is like most of you, has to talk to his family daily even if its for 2 mins. And I for some reason can not understand why :bonk It just feels very strange to me and my poor hubby goes Witsendcrazy telling me that he has to do it and that its just natural for him.

After this post, I feel this is probably a common thing and i should not bother too much about it. Give him some peace :mrgreen:

9. lotusgirl

lotusgirl Senior IL'ite

DH's & my family have different set ups regarding communication..i have been brought up with constant calls, keeping in touch etc. DH's family not so much. Phone wasnt an integral part of life :). DH got used to it after a while esp when he and i was living in different places during courtship & few mnths in married life :). He even began to call my parents regularly which he has never done in his whole life!!
    While living back home, i used to call home regularly & DH's parents too often as i was the only one to keep them updated. DH is bad in calling.. Me & mum communicate daily via emails for the past few yrs & about fornightly, either call or chat so that LO can chat too! DH cribbed to mum he was being ignored in the daily chat, so hes added in the loop too. Either he or i reply depending on whos available at that time without meetings :).
    Its fortnightly to Dh's home too..

10. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

My parents live about 3hrs away from me. I talk to them everyday at least for 5 minutes and meet them every other weekend.

Archana