How often do you carry cash?

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by SriVidya75, Dec 14, 2009.

1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Shanthi , thats a good tip...we know how much we spend and also when we spend with cash, we are more alert and above all at the end of the month no need to think of the monthly CC payment:bonk

2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

I highly doubt it. Credit score is a measure of your creditworthiness, meaning how likely you are to repay your debts. Should not have anything to do with if you used your credit card for a $1 purchase.

The reason why
    some merchants put a minimum purchase limit is that they have to give a small % of their charge back to the credit card company, and for smaller merchants this is not worthwhile for small purchases. Large retailers and merchants will have volume discounts so they do not care. I have frequently used my credit card even for a $1 purchase at McDonalds or the grocery store.

3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

PAV dear

I too thought so previously but, you would see the score dippign down by few points if you increase the no. of card swiping events...I did observe that with mine:hide:dont know if it was because of no. of times swiped or the amt swiped for....

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  4. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

I always carry cash around £10-£20 for emergency & ccs for my purchases..its better to buy using cc as its very easy&safe to carry,can track our expenses easily,earn reward points,can save interest as I will pay my cc bill within grace period..