1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you all talk to your inlaws over phone?(for those staying away from them

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by honeybunny123, Mar 7, 2013.

1. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Re: How often do you all talk to your inlaws over phone?(for those staying away from

weekly Once.

2. Deepika24

Deepika24 Bronze IL'ite

Re: How often do you all talk to your inlaws over phone?(for those staying away from

Twice in a week

3. twink

twink Silver IL'ite

I have a very nice mil.. she is like my mother to me.. we talk daily.. if i dont call her, she calls me and we talk over household things and all... she is very nice loving lady... my hubby calls them twice a month

4. sarada30

sarada30 Platinum IL'ite

i call them daily phone_12.gif as my dh is very lazy to make a call to their parents so i call them to know all the status

5. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

When we first came here, it was once a week for 10 minutes - on a speakerphone so that topics were never repeated. But that was because it cost $20 for a 20 minute calling card. And we were new here, not financially in a position to spend too much. Now we both call when ever we are free - no count specifically. I call once a week so that I can give the important news (husband never does that) and so that son can talk. It used to be a chore earlier, and I would always be nervous, but after so many years I talk to them casually and if I have to hang up, don't get nervous telling them I need to run.

6. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Wow all the opinions here really helped.I used to never call my inlaws -i never call anyone regularly,i cant call like that if i need to speak to soemone i call including my parents -they know that & are ok with that-But myy MIL used to perennially complain that we never call-my cosis has them buttered in layers & uses them to her convinience-infact she uses them & throws them whenever she wants-Maid is sick please come-inspite of her parents staying with her-iam leaving abroad please come & look after your grandson-& they fall for it every time-& she gives them posaru like calling up alternate dyas,giving them petty cash every year & whatnot-I managed to make my hubby call them atleast once a week & if they want to talk i talk-I have stopped calling anyone since i dont wish to hear anyone els's garbage talk when my own life is in dumps-So its i call my parents,he calls his parents-
    Infact the only person i talk to regularly is a good friend of mine who can recognise my state form the phone call& gives sane advice which no parent/inlaw gives.I dont mind calling her daily-

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  7. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Always avoided calling my in-laws...

8. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

This is how my wife might post in this thread:

"I don't speak to them at all. Sometimes, they call and i respond in monosyllables, so the calls won't be much longer. But my DH is not as restrained as i am. He talks to my parents casually and sometimes i wish he doesn't do that, because the more he talks with my parents, the more it backfires on me".

Forum is a great way to pass messages lol.

9. hmishra

hmishra Platinum IL'ite

Gre8.. till now i was feeling guilty thinking probably i'm the only one who talks less often with ILs.. I speak mayb once every two weeks that too my husband is the one who calls & my MIL asks for me so the phone is given to me. They r really good ppl i think, i have never really lived with them to know their true nature & my communication with them has also always been limited.. i don't bother to call :hide: as i cant think of anything to talk to them beyond how they r and what they ate. Thou my MIL initially used to ask me to call her often, i never did. Hopefully it stays this way! Peace full for now. Bless my husb, no forces from him. He never once asked me to call them..

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014