1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Not To Panic During Lockdown , Especially In Joint Family?venting

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Needtobestrong, Apr 23, 2020.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,
    Do not stress about IL staying with you atleast. Think about bigger problem. They themselves may not be very comfortable stranded outside their home with limited resources since they were planning to go back.

Then panic attacks are common and I am sure you and me are not the only one. Good thing is it is you home. You are not in somebody's home ( like me, or your ILs) where we can not do whatever we want, limited resources to our access and can not randomly just get up and stat doing things to keep busy.

For ex in my home, i will start cleaning, things which i do not do normally, like clean curtains or bedsheets/towels etc or clean kitchen pantry, cloests etc , sorting out closets. or if nothing else, my crafts.They keep me busy and take my mind away from thinking too much. Yes, I do get tired but thats helps me sleep better and less thinking.
    I fuss, but not always.
    Here I feel my hands are tied. Same for your ILs
    So may be not give much attention to what they say.. involve in other activities too. If cooking is your hobby, then do that.
    Think about this - whole world is in trouble. People are dying and many families do not have any bread winner left ..worse, they can not or could not see their dying ones for a month before dying. Some had to listen on phone.

All this makes me feel, i am blessed. God give peace to those who left and save all others who as still surviving. Please do not take away parents from small kids or small kids away from parents this way or anyway.

Mehana and Needtobestrong like this.