How much quantity?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by ProReal, Sep 15, 2011.

1. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

My daughter's birthday is this Saturday and I have ordered most of the food outside. I do think that the started will be less and it is too late to order now. I am planning to make something simple like Channa Chaat where I can do most of the preps the previous day. The total number of people expected is 60. I have 2 other starters (pakoda and some chinese). How much Channa (white) should I buy? I have no idea .. Please give me an approximate idea atleast.... also how much onions etc is needed. Thanks

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Since you ordered the food outside, make or buy some dips and veg or crackers. It will be nice to have spinach dip, mushroom dip, bean dip and hummas. You can buy them in Costco or Sam's club. It will be different. You can also get good breads sliced form Bakery and keep Olive oil as a dip.

Good luck.
    CL

3. amruthakithu

amruthakithu Senior IL'ite

Hi Proreal...Advance Birthday wishes to ur lil one. According to my calculation, you can buy 2 to 2.5 kgs of white channa for channa chat (Since you said u have some other starters too). Coming to the onion, you need atleast 10 to 12 medium sized onions. As you know that more onion will give more taste.

Let me know whether my calculation is right or wrong.

Regards
    Amrutha