How much money to bring to cover the initial expenses in Al Qassim, Saudi Arabia ?

Discussion in 'Indians in Saudi Arabia' started by sshyyam, Jun 24, 2010.

1. sshyyam

sshyyam New IL'ite

I am coming to Al Qassim in few weeks time. Surprisingly i did not come across a post that either asked the above question or answered one.
    How much money should we bring to settle before the first month salary comes?
    In what form should we carry the money ? - SAR currencies, or cards, etc ?
    And is compound houses always better than housing elsewhere for a single male ?

Thanks for reading my post and eagerly waiting for ur advice and opinions.
    Regards,
    shyam

2. sshyyam

sshyyam New IL'ite

Re: How much money to bring to cover the initial expenses in Al Qassim, Saudi Arabia

Hi all,
    I am landing in Al Qassim on 16th July. So its time to do the packing and preparations. I have decided to bring Traveller's check in addition to cash. Traveller's check do not come in SAR. So will Traveller's check in US dollars will be honored ?
    Thanks for the reply in advance !

3. rahul12

rahul12 New IL'ite

Re: How much money to bring to cover the initial expenses in Al Qassim, Saudi Arabia

Sshyyam I would like to tell you that compound houses are always better for males and even for family as there is bit of freedom and access to stores etc is easy with in the compund.

Talking about the initial expenses I guess SR. 5,000 would be enough for you for the first month. And I would like to recommend you bringing Saudi Riyal currency with you.

4. sshyyam

sshyyam New IL'ite

Hi Rahul,
    Thanks a lot for the information. I am really excited to see that someone had replied. :drowning
    Thanks once again.
    Regards,
    Shyam

5. k2004sunil

k2004sunil New IL'ite

hi shyam, i am also going to Alqasim in coming month. May i have email address of yours please??:)

6. science

science New IL'ite

Hello,
    Are you going to be working at Al-Qassim University. Howz the salary there? Do they take on westerners etc?
    Im looking at job at the asst prof level in health sciences.
    I'm thinking if it would be worth applying.
    Thanks
    Science

7. k2004sunil

k2004sunil New IL'ite

yes they do take people and u can apply. For asst prof in health sciences u will get roughly 9700SR salary per month and 12500SR for furniture and 25000SR for accomodation

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011