1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

How much does your baby sleep?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cooks2010, Jul 18, 2014.

1. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

I was wondering how much total sleep does everyone's baby get.

Mine at 7 months gets 8 hrs of sleep at night. I tracked her sleep for the past 2 months and its 8 hrs every night (with 3 wakings for feeding). At night, she sleeps at 3hrs then wakes, then another 2 hrs, then another 3 hrs.

During the day she sleeps total 3-4 hrs. In the morning 30min-1hr and 2-3 hrs in the afternoon.

So total, 11-12 hrs of sleep, is this too less, should she sleeping more at 7 months.

Cooks.

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  3. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the link,great tips there. I think my baby knew I was writing this post.

She slept daytime 3.5 hrs (3 naps) and at night 9 hrs. She woke up twice. First time I didnt feed her, just rocked her and she co-slept with us. Second time, i fed her and slept in crib till morning.

It seems like these past few days, she co-sleeps one half of sleep-cycle and the other half in the crib...its weird.

I think I will try to make her nap 3 times during the day, maybe she was overtired before.

Cooks

4. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Mine wakes up at 11,3,5 every night. Some nights I'm too tired to wake up so I sushhh her..haha.She sleeps at 8 or 9 and at about 12:30 I get her to my bed. I just want her to start with the crib and then in her sleep get her to co-sleep. In the morning, she is very energetic and rolls on our bed. I think I worry too much and I'm going to enjoy this time and throwing all the training/disciplining in the trash for now. I've started part time daycare for her and she is happy there. Other times I want to pamper her :)

5. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

I totally understand Rose, sometimes we overthink these things and forget to enjoy the time we have with our babies. I do the same thing at the moment. She starts off to sleep in the crib, then co-sleeps with us when she wakes up at 10 or 12 in the night. Then at 3am and 5am goes back to the crib.

I was initially resisting her from co-sleeping, but she just kept waking up in the crib and with us would immediately fall asleep, so I just gave in. My husband on the other hand, loved having her co-sleep. He would snuggle with her and hug her and I guess that is his way of spending time with her as he's working during the day and has recently been traveling for work a lot.

Cooks