1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How much can you trust your friends/relatives?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by curlytweethere, Oct 27, 2012.

1. curlytweethere

curlytweethere Platinum IL'ite

Missing 10-month-old girl Saanvi Venna of Upper Merion found dead; police have suspect in custody - Montgomery Life - Montgomery News

This news is heart breaking. In the past 1 week whenever i saw on my FB wall any post related to the search of the cute angel i used to pray for her safety without my knowledge.
    Over the net i saw many many people commenting that we Indians on the pretext of saving few $$$ stay in unsafe area. But that is not the case. King of Prussia is safer having lived in the neighborhood for a couple of years i can vouch for that. But then the news of a family friend doing this for money!!!That's unbelievable. I wish he is given death penalty!
    This incident also raises few questions..

1)What level of details do you share with your friends? Does that include financial information too?
    2)Is saving $$$ more important to few people than their safety?
    3)How does this incident change your relationship with those neighbors/friends whom you know only becoz they are from your place?

2. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

V sad. I never trust family friends with my kids. Even distant relatives I don't trust. But this guy does not seem to be a family friend..it was a random kidnap right?

3. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

well friends, relatives are all good ,if we keep our distance from them and keep them in touch when in town, or in a tour or during religious and functions. if we are too close to anyone, problems arises

4. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

Read more details that he was a neighbour and they had invited him for lunch once since he was telegu. I hope he gets death, killing two innocent people for money..the parents had the child after 10 years..their only child..really sad.

5. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

It does affect you in all levels.

People forget that criminals do come in all size, shape and color. We do not trust all fellow Indians when we are India but then the story is completely different once we come to a foreign land. I am no different. I had never thought even once that a fellow Indian could hurt me. This is an eye opener. What we feel is a false security. I have decided to not open the door to any uninvited guest even if it is a friendly Indian neighbor.

2 people like this.
  6. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Saanvis Fathers statement said it all....We cant stop trusting people because of one incident..Many things happen in the world and some happen accidentally some intentionally...Here it was a cold blooded murder and That pysco is the reason....Its something like we can lock the doors and gate properly but still robbery can happen...These robbers find a way to enter home even though you do your best to protect home..Until and Unless their nature is known to us in some way or other we cannot stop trusting all of them ..

7. EnlightenedSoul

EnlightenedSoul IL Hall of Fame

its better not to send our kids with others like shopping, or let our kids with others while we are not present there.
    Any how we have to keep our eyes wide open to avoid any accidents.

8. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

I don't trust anyone except my Family& 2 or 3 very close friends. I never ever leave my DD with anyone with out me / DH being there. (Other than Day care)

9. curlytweethere

curlytweethere Platinum IL'ite

True but it never hurts being safe right. All our friends were initially strangers right?? Collegemates..collegues...neighbors...friends of friends...Isn't it..
    We need to take our time before trusting any one....

10. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Curly..I dint mean trust everyone i meant you cant stop trusting everyone..anyways it was JMO.