How much can you earn from Content Writing?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by vandanarajesh, Jan 12, 2010.

1. charlly008

charlly008 New IL'ite

Re: Mlm bussiness

Yeah,article writing is really a good way to make money online but you must be someone who can sit down and think.Come up with a very good idea or post.Many of such sites are using Google Adsense for payment.

2. tsweety

tsweety Silver IL'ite

hi vandhana,

Thanks for good article. I got frustrated searching for home based jobs nearly for 3 to 4 months.But your post really motivates me. Now i m clear abt my plans where i should start and how should i proceed. Thanks once again. can you plz tell me what technical writing means ? should we do research n write abt topic ?

3. debarshi18

debarshi18 New IL'ite

I am looking for a serious and experienced content writer, who will be writing on bloggingtips, SEO etc.

I can pay 100 INR per 500 words,

pm me

4. Ramar

Ramar Silver IL'ite

Vandana, you have provided a comprehensive information about content writing, touching many areas of doubts. Thanks for sharing the informaiton!

5. manasiphil

manasiphil New IL'ite

Perhaps u should try , if u r confident of ur English. U seem to good in it. :) They pay weekly. I know they do. :) All the best. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
  6. Milcy6

Milcy6 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am very much interested in content writing.Can you please share the details.

Appreciate it!.

Thanks

7. sudhasb2002

sudhasb2002 New IL'ite

hi..
    I am sudha from palakkad.I am interested in content writing.Can you please help me with any work.

8. Poornimamolri

Poornimamolri New IL'ite

Hi Debarshi18,
    I am interested in content writing and i am confident that i can do well. Can you PM the details as I want to start with this. I do not have any previous experience in content writing but have a good command on the language and sure can deliver.

9. susheelin

susheelin New IL'ite

Hi,

Do you still have the need for a content writer? I am a freelancer and would like to work for you. Would you provide more details to me via private messages?

Thank you.

10. susheelin

susheelin New IL'ite

Hi Vandana,

Thanks a lot for this 'valuable' information.

From your post I understand that the rates for a beginner are INR 125 to INR 150 for a 500 words article. And that, after some experience one can charge INR 250 to INR 500. Can someone with just 2-3 years of experience really earn INR 40-50,000 working from home? That seems really impressive although a bit hard to believe.

You have also mentioned that some people offer INR 50 or even INR 20 for the same amount of work and have advised not to opt for such 'ridiculous' rates.

I am a 43 year old man from the Konkan region of Maharashtra. I am a newly started home-based content writer. I have opted for this option due to certain personal reasons as well as my mother's mental problem that needs constant attention.

My very first writing assignment was in the months of April-May when I wrote 41 SEO articles in a month for a relationship-dating related website. They paid me INR 100 for 500 words. But it didn't last and they stopped sending any new assignments after awhile.

Then, for past about a month or so, I am writing for a Delhi based lady who has a team of writers. She offers me INR 50 for 500 words SEO articles. Even though the pay is less than expected, I am doing this work primarily because I need money to pay bills and she was like a 'bird in hand'. Also, I am taking this as a learning experience and practice. However, I certainly want to be paid more for my work - particularly after reading this article.

But I am not sure how I should go about it? Who pays the rates you have mentioned in your article (INR 125-150) even for a beginner? How and where to find those higher paying jobs/clients/agents?

Can you help?

Thank you again for the wonderful post.

Susheel