1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How many times does your DH speak to your parents

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by smartgrl, Mar 25, 2010.

1. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

No never my DH has asked me to give the phone to talk to my parents.:rantOn the other hand whenever i got to stay at my mom's house i have to call my mil daily, if i fail to do my mil would create a big fuss out of it:eek:mg:. Once in a while my mom used to ask me to give the phone to my DH and they just talk for a few mins. I never ask my DH to talk to my parents as i don't believe in forcing things. Forcing would create a bitter feeling on my DH. I call my ILs without the interest of wanting to talk to them and i dont want my DH to do the same:notthatway:

Regards,

Sound

2. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Now we live in a city where both my parents and ILs reside. So, no need for daily TP calls. Either they visit us on regular basis or we stop by them daily.

But when I was living abroad, i was asked to call my ILs on regular intervels as to say hi and how are you. I really had nothing to speak with them, but still called them once in a month or so to check if everything is ok. But my DH calls them occasionally and sometimes if I am around while he speaks with them, then I will pick the receiver to say hi. Moreover I never missed their birthdays or any big days, so I wish them in the morning and send them my gift. (Many times my DH forgets these things)

My younger BIL used to come online in Facebook or skype, and I too an interner saavy, so we easily get along with each other and chat for hrs on everything.

On the other hand, I used to call my mom daily... I chat with my siblings via Facebook or skype whenever they are online.
    I never expected my DH to call my parents frequently as I knew he is not comfortable in talking to them (My dad is nomore, and my bro lives in another country, so he has nothing to speak with my sis and mom...). But he called/calls them at times to check their health or to wish them for any special events. (of course I need to remind and push him to do so).

3. divs

divs New IL'ite

My husband hardly ever talks and I couldn't care less. He talks to them only when he feels the need to justify some unreasonable thing he or his parents did/ said or to tell my parents something about me (basically complain indirectly and in a very smooth manner) - and all behind my back . And I know what I am about to say might sound very weird, but I really want my husband to stay totally away from my parents. Because the rare occasions he does call, he ends up creating so much anxiety in my parents' mind and also so much confusion between me and my parents, I feel its better he just stays away from them. In other words, I want to protect my parents from him.

I now know my husband well enough to know that he is an extremely smooth talker and can easily manipulate everything to his advantage. He can so easily (mis)represent things such that even if he or his parents did something wrong (and trust me, his parents are to be blamed a LOT), he can easily confuse the other person into accepting they made a mistake. My poor parents have apologized many times for mistakes my ILs made - he can confuse people that easily! And having realized this nature (or gift) of his, I've warned my parents to not accept everything he says at face value. These days they are also very careful with him. So, yeah, bottomline, I'd be happy if he doesn't do even these occasional calls because that would mean peace of mind for me. Otherwise I'd have to worry about what fantastic things he fabricated to my parents.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  4. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

If I call on weekends DH will talk.I sometimes call from work to discuss something so that time no chance for him to talk.

I call ILs from work sometimes too.I also talk to them over weekend.

If he stops talking to mine ..I will stop talking to his.

FL

5. ras09

ras09 New IL'ite

This is the best Policy... i want to stop talking to my ILs but i fear that my DH will do the same with my parents. My parents keep on asking me abt him. My mom will nt tolerate if i behave like this with my ILs. so i have to talk..

6. Capetown

Capetown New IL'ite

Hello ...

as per the reply to me by Spiderman..

I speak wit him we both hav a better understanding but this is the only thing i see in him y does'nt he call by his own knowledge to my parents. Some times i feel he is ignoring m parents, n my parents keep on asking me y ur hubby is not calling so i just tell my parents that he is busy (LIE....:hide:) only when i make a call to my parents n give the mobile to him he speeks as thoug m forcing him to speak. Seriously some time i feel so hurted.......:-:)cry::cry:.

But on the other hand i will speak to my MIL daily 2wice once in the morning/afternoon n once in the night when DH comes back from office we both speak again. When i accept his parents as mine. Thne wht's the problem in him to accept n alteas speak once in a month yaar ......

What can i do on this matter to make him understand in a polite manner....

PLEASE ladies help me on this matter ...

I feel some times if this matter could be solved or not ???????

very depressed .....
    :bonk

7. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

He doesn't even speak to his parents as often as I do. Not surprising that he talks to my mom even less over the phone. He tells me to not tell even his parents that he is around or to tell them that he is working. He has a great relationship with his parents, and when he does talk, he gives them more information than I give my mom. Just the way he is. If, however, my mum asks to speak with him, he always does.

8. sansmomy

sansmomy Bronze IL'ite

In our case, I get along tooooo well with my MIL...so, i keep calling her now and then and we have talks for hours (literally)...I get along well with FIL as well...I do call him, when i feel like...I also occasionally call my BIL and SIL, wish them on festivals and b'days, anniv etc....they also call me for the same purposes....once in a month or so, we call each-other for 'how the things are etc'......DH talks well to my parents whenever he meets them in person.....however, he is not so keen on talking to them over phone (he says that he just cant push the conversation beyond basic hi-hello-health questions with them over the phone and hence feels ackward)....However, he is in constant touch with my sis and her husband...he'll be the first one to wish them on festivals etc...overall, it is all-is-well...

9. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

He talks to my parents once a week ( I talk to my parents twice a week)

I talk to In-laws once or twice a week (he talks to them once a week, I talk to them more often than he does ;) )