How many times do you check your email

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by KKalpana, Sep 13, 2010.

How many times do you check your email

Poll closed Sep 28, 2010.
  1. 1

23.2%
  2. 2

30.4%
  3. 5

21.4%
  4. 10

8.9%
  5. 15

16.1%
  1. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Dear Kalpana,

as i work from home i do check more than 15 times. i am addicted to net and every 10 min i do check my mail.
    i do like the ole mail service because it carried some emotional binding and i egarly waited for the postman to come and deliver. now via e-mail in a giffy we can send and receive mails.

nityakalyani

2. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Dear Kalpana

I check in no counts, but definitely more than 15 times. Every 5 ~ 10 minutes I refresh the page looking for new email if any.

At work, first office mail, then my hotmail, then my gmail, then iL and finally fb. All these browsers are always open in my pc. I keep rotating by minimising and check the other continuously from 9 to 5:30pm every day except on my off day. On my weekly off day, I check for about 3 to 5 times.

I get agitated and goes crazy/restless if I dont see any mail in my inbox:crazy.
    Best Regards
    Shanti

3. KKalpana

KKalpana New IL'ite

Thank you every one for the replies..
    I guess I am not alone. though I hate to do it I still check my email every now and then ..
    I feel like I am addicted. I have a smart phone. The phone pops up with alerts when theres a new mail ..
    Still I check my email ..on my computer before it shows.. I want to go away from it ..
    not sure how ..

Any suggestions ?

4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello all,

Me too obsessed with checking mail.If I'm free for a minute, I want on the net connection.... :(

5. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

I check it twice and usually there will be nothing so important but have too ha ha:cheers

6. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

:confused2:I think dump your smart phone......if possible go back to desktop computer(reason its in one place,so our tendency to take it wherever we sit stops, so will not check the system that often :bonk

7. Kimaya

Kimaya Senior IL'ite

I hate to say this but I'm always on my laptop and I check my emails more than 15 times. Hate this habit, would love to change. Not that many people write to me but still.