1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you really enjoy living under the same roof with ur MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Mrudhani, Nov 10, 2011.

1. arunakathir

arunakathir Junior IL'ite

Hi friends

I will go with no:4

And i take the chance to tell about my MIL..............no one in the world will be like her.............. so lovable.. i got married in 2010 and i have a little kid now .....for the past 1 and half year she never irritated me by any means.......... though she dont have that much exposure she s very friendly......... when i was newly married she never let myself to clean my plate after having food.......... she will cook and look at my little one too in mean time........and also she use to tell everyone about me like" i have a very good daughter in law"..........eventhough she will not let me to work she will tell like "my DIL cooks very nice aha oho"

she will ask us to go out she will lookafter my DD while we going out................... amd also SIL very very
    lovable

I think i must be blessed to have such a wonderful MIL

6 people like this.
  2. MVRENUKA

MVRENUKA Silver IL'ite

This is a never ending every pending probelm in this world. I lived with my inlaws for 4 years. Then escaped, as i got a good reason. My father expired and i had to take care of my mother. My inlaws started living with their second son. Believe it, it is heaven to live with your mother. Living alone is a torture. We need help in some form. We need someone to talk with us etc etc.

I always gave respect to elders. if i buy one saree to my mom, i would get 4 to my MIL. i have never gifted a jewel to my mom, but i give atleast one good jewellery to my MIL every year. We used to live in a joint family with my BIL and SIL. My SIL was living in this house for 16 years with her 2 children even after her marriage. Her husband is staying abroad. Which was a bigger head ache. I am a working women and was earning 9 lacs per year, still i used to cook for the entire family every evening and take care of my son, but they never praised me for anything thing. i got fed up and moved out. Now they realise everything that i did for them, and praise me all the time. i still support them financially and extend my support whenever they need. Only after i moved out i understood the meaning of "HOME". Earlier i used to feel that i was in a jail or something like that. A big NO to inlaws, but we should also ensure that they are comfortable whereever they are. After all they took care of our husband for so many years :)

3 people like this.
  3. MVRENUKA

MVRENUKA Silver IL'ite

aruna, you are really lucky.

4. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Aruna dear. you are indeed lucky and me too!!! My MIL is also a great person to be with anytime. Though she may not have much exposure to new ideas or latest technology she is always willing to accept it and give it a try.

I love cooking, so she is proud of me as cooking is more of a passion for me and as she herself learnt cooking only after her marriage, she is very happy that atleast I was a good cook even before getting married.

She gels herself very well with a person of any age and also has a forgiving nature and strong mind.

Indeed we are lucky!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. itsmebhama

itsmebhama Bronze IL'ite

My rating 1 ofcourse :)

6. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

It would have been option 1 had my MIL being alive today..

I had no other second choice but had to stay under one roof because my DH was never ready to leave his parents, my suggestion of have two kitchens like one in 1st floor and GF also was not considered, he wanted his aged mother to relax and at the same time enjoy her son's company, he would leave to work at around 8.00 AM and it's me who was dealing with her 24/7, her taunts, mental torture ruined my precious life for 15 years, I might sound harsh but have to be frank, I am enjoying my life now, so independent, no more hurtful words, no more gossips about me thru phone, only now I realized life can be so sweet and beautiful.

2 people like this.
  7. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

my rate is 1,
    they may b good ppl; but living under same roof is a big himalayan task, do this do that...
    i go for 1.
    and talking to your husband is of no use,

8. ramyasuresh

ramyasuresh Silver IL'ite

9. MVRENUKA

MVRENUKA Silver IL'ite

My god. 15 years could be too much of a torture. Anyhow we enjoy good things more, when it comes after a bad thing. Now you will enjoy your life to the fullest.

10. sadhuece

sadhuece New IL'ite

Hi,

My rating is 1......