1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you really enjoy living under the same roof with ur MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Mrudhani, Nov 10, 2011.

1. cherry13

cherry13 New IL'ite

i would rate 1 and 2

2. aries21

aries21 New IL'ite

My option is 1.5!!! My inlaws live in a joint family and everyone hates to see each other's face!!! There's no laugh or talk at home :eek:!! I hate to the core to go to in-laws place even once a year because of this!! I lived in a very jovial family with wonderful cousins and relatives. Also mine and mil's frequency doesn't match in any way!!...Before marriage i used to think y ppl hate in-laws (everything lies in our hands..if we are good they'll be good) but now i am seeing the reality :(

3. smartgirl

smartgirl Bronze IL'ite

I will got with option 2, Its better to stay far and maintain a healthy relation than stay together and gather misunderstandings to fake the joy of togetherness to the whole world. :)

4 people like this.
  4. chandy939

chandy939 Silver IL'ite

Mine is 2

I forced DH to move out for a yr...by God's grace he got a transfer for one year...its already been 3 months...i don't want to go back!!! :( :(

5. chandy939

chandy939 Silver IL'ite

Totally agree on the faking part!

1 person likes this.
  6. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

3-4

I never lived with my mil.. She lives on her own,close to my BIL's family in India. She is a nice person I only spent maybe a mnt or so with her..and she takes care of me like her daughter..I really mean it, like she lets me stay in bed till 9, when I get up offers me tea n breakfast.

I like living with her but at the same time I feel I may lose my freedom... Like in my Plc I do nt need to worry abt what cook ..when I cook...other small stuff ,dh is ok with anything, but if my mil stays with us then I can't run my house the way I want , I dnt knw it's a weird feeling.... Soon it's going to be a reality coz my mil is going to visit us fr 6mnts..wish me luck :)

7. BhoomikaDhare

BhoomikaDhare Silver IL'ite

My Option is 2

I agree with others. Its better to stay away and have a healthy relationship rather than staying together and fighting. How much ever they are close to you, there will always be difference of opinions. You can speak directly to your parents or to your husband. But the same will not go well with In Laws. We need to consider many time before we say anything to them. This may take a toll on you. So its better to be far, speak less and stay happily.

8. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

as of now, its 3.. MIL helps us to run the home as we both are working.. i do cooking and other house hold chores but she is the lead.. i am fine with it and so far so good..

9. loveless

loveless New IL'ite

option 2. though i m feeling too harsh on them.

10. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

My rating is 1. I dont know how I managed to live with them for 6 months. But learnt a lesson how people are double minded and can act in front of others.