How many of you love gifts?????

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Honeytha, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Honeytha,
    Your kid is real cute. As far as gifts are concerned Yes!! I love to give and take too!!!!

2. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai Janani,

Thank u so much for ur comment.

3. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

I think non of IL's love gifts.............whether to give or to receive.........either way...............

when i started this thread i thought their will be lot of response.......because the thread is about gifts..........and all will love them........

bonkbonkbonkbonk

my thought is wrong......................:)

4. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear most Anitha ma'am,

Do not worry about the replies, this thread will slowly gain momentum (mark my words!!!!:queen).

Thought of initiating myself on a different name!! But hats off :hatsofffor starting a better one than that I thought about!!

Let me quote a small but memorable incident that I relished today morning being the dawn of a festive day. Everyday my dad used to give me change (of course extra pocket money too, being his one and only "Chellam" queen:queen) for my bus travel. The way he gives the same should be thrown more light than the aspect of money changing hands. He will wrap a hundred rupee :shhh:note inside two 10 rupees and will highlight "just twenty ma" !!:wink: A simple thought of fun making stroke me today as we were chit-chatting about today's plan. For a change, i wrapped the same amount and asked my darling father: "appa, innikku naa unglukku change tharattaa" (shall i give you change for the bus today?) :queen:queen My father blushed with happiness and all of us were left with giggles of laughter !! Then i sparked off telling "Romba panakkaarana aaitel pa" !! :) For which my father's reply made me spell-bound. My father replied: "08.08.1986 la ye naa romba panakkarana aaiten ma when God "gifted" me with you !!! That was the day when I first left the flavor of Divine aroma from the heaven to see this world (at Almighty's :kiss order and request
    :wink::wink::wink:).

Such is the impact of the term "gift" on my own self Anitha ma'am. I thank you very much for having initiated this wonderful thread. Am happy that I got a chance to share my emotions with my dear ILites.

Gift should be handed over with "zero percent" selfish and negative attitude. This would radiate the joy within and extend the rope of relationships among like minded individuals.

One day in our college, we were having seminar hour and a guy handled the debatable issue of "Gifts vs Bribe". I guess Meena would remember the same. All different issues were tackled and really we were left behind with a heated up argument.

The concept of gift should ring a bell within us. Of course, undoubtedly all of us would enjoy to "wrap off" the gift :giftcover to reveal the surprise. The purpose of the same should be well understood and the same should not mislead any one of in the wrong path (to quote: Meena's examples).

Regards and Pongal wishes
    RamyaVaradharajan

5. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai Ramya,

Thanks for ur response............Let me make it clear..........that i didn't worry for no response............just thought of gifts and others attitude towards it, that is the reason.

Anyway ur day of pongal started well as ur the gift to ur parents.........great ..........chella ponnu...........enjoy buddy.........it is the advantage of being single..........

Very gud thought of ur father.............to tell it in the right place......:hatsoff

6. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    This is a nice thread...well I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gifts...It makes me forget all my worries..
    I like it more when its a surprise...:gift

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Honeytha,

I love to give gifts. The moment I like a person, he or she will start receiving gifts. It could be a small gift but it will be there in my agenda. I love my favourite Gift shop Archies and I pick them up from duty free shops too. The more a person gets closer to me the gift value increases. You must be wondering why my gifts are attached to value of money too. For me I am not giving them a gift, I am expressing my feelings for them and my feelings are worth million dollars. I cannot give them away so easily. I actually keep watching what the person needs and gift them accordingly.

The biggest compliment I received was when I gifted one of my bosses a pair of trousers and shirt. I did not know his size, but landed up in Charag Din Showroom in Wodehouse Colaba (a renowned brand). When the salesman asked me what is the size, I was perplexed. I could not give him over-sized or undersized clothes. I asked all the salesmen to parade in front of me. I matched the physique of one of the salesman with that of my boss and picked up a pair. I asked them to let me exchange the clothes if it does not fit my boss.

I quickly ran to office, pulled his drawer and pushed the gift in his cabinet. I knew everyday he open that particular cabinet. When he opened on that particular day, he was taken by surprise. He unwrapped the gift and even tried it out in the rest room. The size was perfect. He was very happy and so was I. The gift touched his heart as the cost of the gift was half my salary. That Malspie, when I give somebody something I give in style. A gift actually expresses your personality.

Another friend had very poor collection of clothes. He had told me that he does not even trust his wife's choice too. So gifting for him was a task. I picked a set for him (this time I had casually asked him the size). He liked the taste, now I pick all his clothes and his wife does not like it much but is happy as I have still not picked on him.

When one of my friend got married, she received many gifts but she liked my gift the most. I had gifted her special reading lamps (in pairs) to be kept near her bed. She still has got them though she has changed her decor many times.

Whenever I go to any place, I shop for all my close friends. I ask them to close their eyes, count 1-10 and open. They like my surprise very much. With such practice, now my friends also gift things for me whenever they tour outside Mumbai. They pick up things for me even when they go to a shopping mall. We gift clothes, perfumes, sometimes gold ornaments, decorative items, absolute necessary items like hair dryer, blender, etc.. books, CD's, travel plans (yes we gift each other holiday travels too).

I love to gift and receive gifts too. I can write in many pages, better close it here.

8. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai bipasha,

That's gud our list of gift lovers started picking up!!!!! great going......

9. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai malspie,

I think u have a big list............and all the best for ur list to continue further....

10. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Malspie ma'am,:queen:cheers

That was a good narrative as you had thrown light on both gifting and receiving !! I liked your "my gift worth million dollars" words as I always used to tell my parents that whatever the gift might be, it should express my personality and that should be "unique", "adhered to my gifting sense" !! Yes. There is a concept of gifting sense as there are many others like dressing sense, formula of conduct (etiquette), table manners, so on and so forth... I would always analyze whether the gift I had chosen for a particular person close to my heart is apt for that situation or not ! This would always make our gifts a "special treasure" to our dear buddies !!

There are a variety of choices available in this e-world of technological advancements; but the gift that takes our heart with it should be chosen with appropriate care, for it to attain its "purpose".

With my http://www.indusladies.com/forums/about-saints-and-spirituality/16624-bhagavad-gita.html thread going on with its "Karma Yoga" theory, am hanging around here on the topic of "Gifts" : "materialistic desires" .. ha ha habonk Still proves how long my path is that needs to be adopted !!

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan