1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you have handled your kid going to in laws place for a week or more?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by priyanka12345, Oct 15, 2014.

1. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am not in good relation with ILs. Right now after a huge fight with my husband, he is saying he will take my child who is 3 years old to ILs place and stay for 10 days.

My son has not styaed away from me even for single night. His daily chores are done by me. I dont want to go to my ILs place for a reason .

Have you faced similar situation? How do you cope up with that and accept that Son will go to ILs place during vacations.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

It will be a struggle but your child will cope. If he really must go without you, prepare him for it by talking to him. In not sure how much it would soothe the child though.

I do remember your threads about how your ILs were. Yet if you thing you can't talk your husband out of it, you need to go alongwith. I would sincerely suggest that to the turmoil your child could be thrown into... You can always take a stand once he is older and more independent.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Priyanka, I do not know your issues with your inlaws but its going to be very hard on the child if he doesnt see you for so long. It depends on how well they can care for but really, if there is anyway you can go with him, please do. He is too young.

4. abhapm

abhapm Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I am not aware of your problems or reasons for that ,still i felt i should write what I feel about this
    Sending your son to a place where you do not want to go is difficult....but they are his grand parents and I feel your son definetly deserves their love and care...If you feel he will be well taken care of and also since he is going with your husband...you shoild let him go...your difference with your inaws should be a mater with you and them...you shouldnt be dragging your husband into that...this will also give you time for yourself and may be you can see a new perspective...its not easy to br away from your little one...but dont worry about your son..he will be fine ...all the best...

5. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Child comes first.
    Child comes first.
    Child comes first.

If a 3-yr old has to go and face the difficulty, if that's the final decision (no matter 'who' made that decision), then as a mom - you suck up the problem, and GO WITH YOUR CHILD. That is the responsible mom thing to do. Cant think "my problem", "my inlaws issues" etc. - think about the child, move focus to that, and then just go on the trip.