1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

How Many Of Us Here are FTMs?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by enlightened, Mar 23, 2010.

1. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Dear All,
    I dunno if its wierd but of late I have been feeling very proud of myself for being a FTM and handling it pretty decently.I have two kids-DS-4.5 yrs and LO 3.5 months.I had to quit my job because of my second pregnancy...
    How many of you here are sailing in the same boat?

Deepa..

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

deepa, i am a FTM till july.... joining office mid july when zoey would be around 9.5-10 months old... however our earlier plan was of me being a FTM....and ofcourse i am happy that i have been with LO in her infancy days :)

3. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

I am a FTM too. I had to quit my job during pregnancy. Right now I am working part time from home. But it's only temporary. I plan to join full time work after my trip to India later this year.
    I have never been happy to stay at home. I am very happy to see my son's growth and I am glad I got to spend time with him in his first year.

Kudos moms :)

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Enlightened. I do understand what you are talking about. I am a work at home mom and had to quit because my office moved right across the town when I was still preggers. I commuted two hours one way and ended up losing a lot of weight in the second trimester. I loathed staying at home and still do. So we are a hardly stay at home family :). Right now, I do feel like I have my hands full of all kind of projects when DS is 3 years. I dont have the heart to return to full time work, but will have to if I want to build my dream home and sort out a few of the financial tight spots we are into. I have come to realise being a SAHM and a WOHM is equally rewarding as long as you do what you want to do and what is in the best interest of your family.

5. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

A naive question.. What is FTM???:bonk

6. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Full time Mom. :)

Raj

7. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

I am FTM until this month end ..... i then plan to be a WFHM for another month. Beyond that, I will need to go to office.
    I never liked staying at home, but now with LO I really wish I could be at home forever. However, I need to get to office in order to fix some financial committments.
    I am looking forward to a WOHM by which I will neither compromise career or home.

8. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

In fact a pat on everyone's back for handling things so well...
    whether its WFH, or office going mom or SAHM, at the end of the day we are proud to be multi tasking , which includes taking care of LO...I remember when DS was an infant, i had to miss all major milestones since i usedto be away at work...that was when we had financial constraints and i had to keep my job...yet at the end of the day, seeing him smile and play with me would be so fulfilling....
    I can truly empathize with moms who have to be away at work....its tough and challenging to concentrate on work when u have ur LO at home...however, it requires a great deal of courage and compromise....Kudos to all!!!

9. abathy

abathy Bronze IL'ite

hi all,
    maybe i am too young a mom to be called a FTM. (at first i thought FTM was 'First time Mom'!!!). i quit work once i conceived and plan to be a FTM till the next five years.

i really empathize with all those mothers who have to return to work when the kids are young. there is so much juggling to do and the constant feeling of being physically present at office and mentally present with the LO. Hats off to those who do that!!!