1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how many of u look at ex's profiles in networking sites..

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by ivlakshmi, Jun 2, 2012.

1. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    How many of u would look at ex's social networking profiles and know what is happenings? As per me I have reduced my visits to his profile.
    A month back, I have seen his profile and he kept some thing like "He is trying to quit smoking" etc..Is he trying to show off to his new wife that he has turned good?

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,

i have a friend who is divorced and few relatives too. Almost everyone has visited ex profile for few times but after divorce is finalized then after few months all the ex are forgotten story. Everyone is busy with their life to start fresh. There is no use to be stuck with the past.

2 people like this.
  3. SANL

SANL Silver IL'ite

Past is past so forget about it and move on with your life.. life is short .. live to the fullest...

2 people like this.
  4. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

move forward dont look back. lif eis precious dont spoil yourself by thinking all those unwanted tings.

1 person likes this.
  5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

While in college I used to look at ex- crush's profile and such. I think that was because, i was expecting some miracle to happen & he will somehow become mine.
    Now after my bitter divorce, I don't do it. I guess i have become matured and he is my ex for a reason. At no point in life, I regret moving away from him.

2 people like this.
  6. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

I think I read a post by you a long time ago, where you mentioned that you cannot stop looking at your ex's profile on FB and are troubled to know that he's married or something like that. Now, you are spying on him and his ways to impress his wife. Have you made any improvements to your self esteem in the past year? Doesn't seem like. You continue to drown in self pity and seeking reassurance about your actions in virtual forums.

Actually I must say the readers here are so kind that they come back and comfort you repeatedly over the same things. Probably that's because it's just Internet. In real life, I doubt whether anybody would have the patience.

I know about your broken married life and un-cooperative parents. But you shouldn't believe that you are the most ill fated woman in this world. Recently, a young woman I know lost both her husband of two years as well as her mother in a tragic accident. She has a little baby but no support from inlaws because her h had broken ties with his parents before marrying her. Have you come across women like this in your life?

I'm not lecturing you but when I waddle on this site your self deprecating posts are so glaring that I wanted to respond ; hoping that it may make a little difference. If you find my post rude, you are most welcome to ignore.

In a nutshell, my advice to you would be - count your blessings. They may seem nil, nevertheless , there'll be some. Forget your ex. Stop spying on him. Ignore him. For a change start giving comfort to others, rather than seeking some all the time.

10 people like this.
  7. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Honey, don't do this to yourself!

Why are you analyzing his actions in such a critical manner now that he is your EX? Unless you want to follow a self-destructive path, I don't see any reason why you should be studying his behavioral pattern NOW. Don't dig your past again and again..it is like rubbing the wound when it is trying to heal..

If you find it irresistible, peep into his profile but do not dissect what you read..as it would give you agony. You are thinking too much in between, above and below the lines...!

Have a good day!

3 people like this.
  8. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,

As we already exchanged so many PMs about this. Pleaseeee stop even thinking about that idiot. He is dead or alive you should not be bothered. I know its tough but we are already in tough situation.Dont make things tougher. Its been months he got married. In few month he would post pic of his kid. What you want to analyse.

Are you thinking that how this lady is able to manage with this guy! right! Person like this idiot wont change. He might be behaving the same as he did to you. The only differnce that girl might not be as strong you are so she is hanging in around just for the sake of it.

This Ex know you very well that you will be spying him so he is updating FB so frequently to show off to you and he is successful in that. Dont fall in his trap again and again. He is controlling your mind even after divorce. Come out of him dear.

Please come out of this shell. Move to some other place, go to onsite and enjoy. Just give promise to yourself that you are not going to talk about him, his life, your life with him then. Keep on telling this thing to yourself every min, daily morning when get up, in the evening when you go for sleep. I am sure you can come out of it easily and quickly. Also dont visit this Forum too for a while. Visit some other subjects like P2P, entertaintment but not this family and relationship.

3 people like this.
  9. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Lakshmi,

Have you heard the saying: 'success is the best revenge'? Turn your attention to your life and make it so wonderful and successful as possible. That will be the best and most satisfying revenge on your ex. Focus on yourself. The more you think and spy and wonder about him the more he is winning and you are losing.

Sometimes people leave such an impression on our lives that we feel we are nothing and they are everything. Butt it is not true. That is just a passing phase. Shake yourself out of it. One day you will thank god on bended knees that this person left your life when he did. dont waste your time thinking about him. Focus on yourself and your goals.

8 people like this.
  10. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

I suggest you to move on... Life has beautiful moments.
    I have a different story... My ex keeps looking at my update on Linkedin.. Looks like he is not able to move on. I feel proud about myself that he still cant move on and keeps looking at my updates. I win here :). I think he has got married. I'm least bothered about it. Whatever, he is no more in my life and he is not worth my time.