1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How many Girl-FRIENDS(only friends) ur DH has/had?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by swaran, Aug 19, 2010.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi All Wonderful Ladies....

I have always wondered,y is that in many wifes dont like their husband to have Girl FRIENDS...what could be the reason for not liking that frnd...
    can be reasons be
    (1) the wife's over possesiveness?
    (2) she feels insecured thinking her husband might become close with the girl friend and might not care for her?
    (3) just doesn;t like any girl to come near her DH?

Letme start
    Before me and my darling got into relationship,we wer just friends....actually i was the first girl who became his close frnd...after that he had lot of girl frnds and i dint have any issue..i too had lot of boy frnds and my hubby never (even now) bothered...he just doesn;t mind...but wen i found that he has a close girl frnd in college,i really couldn't take it...i mean she was my schoolmate and i know her very well...she is a very nice person...but i dint like her as she was close to my hubby...i have been really silly in makin an anthill out of a mole
    (a)once during a mail conversation,she dint respond to my message and i made an issue out of it and told my hubby:crazy me...
    (b)i had sent him a msg asking him to change her name in his mob as i see her name first in the contact list(obviously as her name starts with "A") for which he dint say anythin and immediately the name vanished tat same eve...i had also asked him to speak to her before i come home or wen i was not around as i cannot see him talkin with her...he dint utter a word and till now follows it :bonk
    (c)after marriage,we both were in diferent cities for 8 months..during that time,once wen i called,he asked to call later as he was on the way to meet her...i got very angry and scolded him badly for that...(then i knew later the reasons for his hurry)
    (d)i have cursed her in my mind many times
    (e)if he utters her name or talks to her in front of me,i become a active volcano and start to
    my mind would always say "common,she is a nice girl...there is no need to think like this"
    but my heart would say"no way,how could she talk to my love,she has no rights to do so"
    Now really i feel i shouldnlt have done all these stupid things...my DH is such a lovely person...he cares for me so much...i feel he should also have frnds to share...he knows his limits...now by behaving these ways i was also disturbing myself for no reason...so i have decided that i would not think such stupid things and let him free and let my mind also free from these thoughts...i guess it has become a long one..but i wanted to vent out the stupid things i did...i definetely know that it would take a little time to completely come out but i would def take it up and come out...i will show my appologies in action to my DH

Now share ur experiences lovely ladies...how many of u liked/disliked the girl friends ur DH has/had?...in case u disliked,y?...wat did u do?...

2 people like this.

2. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Swaran,

Don't feel guilty... you have every right to be unreasonable in making such demands. That is really cute in one way, as long as that petty jealousy does not strain your relationship.

I believe as a girlfriend/lover/wife, a woman has every right to ask her man not to get close to other women, no matter what their relation is. This assuming the woman too follows the rule and doesn't act cozy with her male friends.

My DH has friends from college... simply friends who are girls. He never showed any interest to keep in touch with them... so no complains for me there. I am the only girl who he is/was ever close to. He never shows interest in speaking with other girls, so I really don't have anything to worry about. Whenever he switches to a new job, I ask him how many girls he has to work with, how old they are, etc... While I interrogate my DH, he gets pretty amused seeing me getting all worked up to being jealous :bonk Then I try to put a serious face and warn him "don't ever talk to your female colleagues anything other than work" or "why did u have to have (team) lunch with her" etc... since I honestly don't doubt my DH, I really can't put a serious face, and he keeps teasing me saying "don't try to ACT angry/jealous.. i can see a smirky smile on your face" or if I can successfully put up a serious face, he says "yes boss, what ever you say boss" ...:biglaugh

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
    2 people like this.
  3. iamsudha

iamsudha Senior IL'ite

I am also possessive of my hubby and don't like him to have too many girls too close to him.

He has this ability to befriend and influence people rather easily and a good leader at work and in general. So he has a lot of women (and men) who get close to him in various ways. Thankfully he keeps it strictly professional and/or above board. No SMSs and/or phone calls in personal time usually.

At times when someone gets too close to him (esp. my friends or acquaintances) I do get uneasy. So far it has not been a big problem. He seems to have a knack of shooing them away when they get too demanding on his time.

1 person likes this.
  4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

swaran,
    As long as they are just friends, then dont bother about it. Being possessive or nagging is not a positive trait. Some amount of possessive is ok and perhaps positive, beyond that it is perceived as immature and nagging.

Glad to know that you have matured now, and you are working on improving this. Thats good.
    And you are right - Show in actions, he'll appreciate that. Basically give him the space to have his friends.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

tats cute...same with my hubby...if i say something,he would say the same "YES BOSS"

yes dear,u are right...it gets a little uneasy wen they talk more...hehehhe...i personally would want to come out that uneasiness....

Thanks Spidey

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  6. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Swaran,

Maybe women feel so, because the J- gene is more active in them. :)

Men feel jealous too. Maybe they portray it different. Women, jump ! :) There is nothing as ALL women or ALL men.. it differs from person to person, than gender I guess.

As others said, when we know were to draw the line, everything is fine.

Answering your question, my hubby has no female friends as such.Most of them were colleagues and he strictly corrects me when I call them friends. For him, friends means more than just at work. I am not or havent been his friend ( I was his classmate since school to college ) , I was his date and now his wife :) On the other hand, I have many male friends who are common to both of us and many from Dentistry.

But sometimes, I agree that a spouse needs to give in a little or atleast for that time if the wife / husband is upset over an existing friendship instead of trying to reason out or justify the relationship. That can wait, but for the moment, just say ok and wait patiently for the time to justify. Well, that is me. But, until now, all our friends call when we both are together and the ones from our respective proffessional course call otherwise. But, all are close knit.
    Though I get jealous over other things ! :crazy

1 person likes this.
  7. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

My wife seems to have tremendous faith in me. I was never able to tease her saying how come she is so sure I have no affairs. Her answer was like, OK call that girl home someday we can all go out together! :thumbsup

I think, it all depends on the image one cultivates in ones spouse, knowing and unknowingly over the years. My wife and I have been married for now about 7 years and she seems to know me inside out. May be that is we both are expressive and what with my WFH setup for about an year now, I am like a house husband to her. She can check upon me anytime :rotfl

1 person likes this.
  8. iamsudha

iamsudha Senior IL'ite

I guess that's a healthy 'unease'. I am sure your body gives out non-verbal signals to the spouse which actually helps you.

I don't think you should do anything to change that uneasy feeling.:)

But if you mean that the root cause of that feeling should be conveniently side tracked, way to go girl! I root for you! :thumbsup

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  9. keerthi88

keerthi88 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

My DH is a strict person and he never speaks to girls, even social speakin.. I wonder why..:hide: Contrary to many cases, i was the one who encouraged him to be outspoken and have girl friends...

Ofcourse, my DH looks charming and there were girls who go behind him, and get angry for that... :bonk:rotfl.. But never on my DH... Poor thing, its not his fault rite:spin

But until this moment, am the only one girl who is close to my sweetie's heart... And am proud of it..

Still, I come across this question many a time from people who knows him well.. How did you manage to make him fall in love with you at all.. Thats almost incredible :biglaugh

Luv
    Keerthi

10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

I guess u are right :)

Nice tip dear....

:rotfl:rotfl

thats cute