1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How many are wearing Thali/Mangalsutra ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mlk2009, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Nakshathra

Nakshathra New IL'ite

DH family strongly believes that thali should be worn only in yellow thread which my MIL,SIL and co-sis are strictly following till now.But i wear it in a simple gold chain.My MIL insisted to wear atleast the thali gundu alone in yellow thread.I followed for few days then again i changed it in golden strings.So my thali looks very fashionable and goes very well with with any outfit. Even if it doesnt I dont bother much and I dont remove that till date and I feel like following the same till the end since it gives me a feel of security.

Regards,
    Nakshathra

2. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I wear Mangalsutra everyday no matter what kind of dress I wear. I also keep bindhi everyday. It is my custom and I follow it.:)

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

duplicate post

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  4. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

sorry, duplicated.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  5. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Yes, I wear my Thaali and Toe rings all the time, no matter what dress I wear.. My DH likes me to wear thaali all the time and I started to like it too.. I use a tiny bindi and wear a single bangle (thin ones - gold or casual) if I wear salwars or kurtas. I also use sindoor in the maang when I wear salwars / saree.

If I wear jeans or any western outfits, no bindi, no bangle. I wore traditional toe rings when I got married, But I didnt like the model, it didnt suit my outfits nor my footwear.. so I bought myself couple of modern toe rings so it matches my salwars and pants too.. When I wear Saree (rarely), I use the opportunity to dress up with extra set of bangles and little fancy bindi. Thats it.

6. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Yes, I wear my Thaali and Toe rings all the time, no matter what dress I wear.. My DH likes me to wear thaali all the time and I started to like it too.. I use a tiny bindi and wear a single bangle (thin ones - gold or casual) if I wear salwars or kurtas. I also use sindoor in the maang when I wear salwars / saree.

If I wear jeans or any western outfits, no bindi, no bangle. I wore traditional toe rings when I got married, But I didnt like the model, it didnt suit my outfits nor my footwear.. so I bought myself couple of modern toe rings so it matches my salwars and pants too.. When I wear Saree (rarely), I use the opportunity to dress up with extra set of bangles and little fancy bindi. Thats it.

7. poone

poone Bronze IL'ite

Nice topic....my thali used to make noise and also felt very uncomfortable as was not used to it . I have different varieties of thin black beads which go on any dress I wear .

When in India , make it a point to put the thali ...toe rings and bindi only on traditional wear .

No my hubby as well as inlaws do not comment on anything ...they always say as long as Iam comfortable. But ya have some cribbings with my dad sometimes..

8. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

I wear thaali , small tiny bindi all the time. i too got the fancy metti now, but the size is not ok. the ones which i wore during wedding time was too big and chunky. so removed it after a while. i wear bangles thin gold ones most of the time, just remove it during cooking/washing etc but then sometimes i forget to put it on.
    in winter i feel it is too cold and remove the bangles. but when i dress up for indian function/temples i dress up fully and love it too.

9. madhupreeth

madhupreeth Senior IL'ite

I do wear my Thali always...
    Not daring to remove it....
    My husband also very much concerned about it....
    Ours was a love marriage and thali became so precious....
    I cant imagine removing my thali ....

madhupreeth

10. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

It doesn't matter either to wear it or remove it to us both .I am not superstitious about it neither is my DH.