How long go you need to wait after taking rubella vaccine?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by uma321, Mar 30, 2013.

1. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

I took my rubella vaccine 2 weeks ago and I can't wait to get pregnant :spin:spin:spin

Different websites say different wait times. Some say, I need to wait between 28 days to 3 months. Some say I need to wait 4 months.

Ladies, can you tell me how long you waited or need to wait after taking rubella vaccie? I'm super confused and not able to get a right answer from anywhere :thumbsdown

2. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

you need to wait for atleast 3 months before conceiving.. it is a vaccination and that means the virus is in ur body now..u should not pass it on to the kid..these kind of things pls call up doc or alteast triage nurse.. that would be a safer way?

3. purpledreams

purpledreams Silver IL'ite

Hi uma
    I dont think you need to wait long months, but make sure with your gynaec. If he/she ask you wait for more than a month or so, may be coz of a different reason.
    I am also waiting to take that shot, heard only a wait period of 28 days. Take care
    Googling returns different wait times, dont forget to ask gynaec or any ladies who already got this shot and is ttc. Anyone out here please help us

4. luvlyroses

luvlyroses Gold IL'ite

I took the shot last some 6 weeks back. my doc said 6 weeks is waiting time.

5. purpledreams

purpledreams Silver IL'ite

6. sarab0810

sarab0810 New IL'ite

I took the rubella vaccination and the waiting period as suggested by my gynae is 3months..gud luck

7. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks sarab,

I took mine a month ago. Even though my gyn suggested me to wait only 28 days, I've decided to wait for 3 months.

I'm taking multivitamin with folic acid, my BMI is normal, I eat healthy, I don't smoke, and I do exercise regularly. I don't know if I have thyroid. My doctor didn't tell me anything about it. I don't have BP either.
    Anything else I need to do?

I took MMR vaccination instead of Rubella. I'm seeing the doctor this week to find out if I have enough immunization for rubella. If not, I need to take the second short of MMR again.