How long did it take to conceive ur 1st baby?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Meera101, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Meera101

Meera101 New IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    this is my first post ever! :hiya Hello all!
    Could u pls share how long did it take for u to conceive ur 1st baby? We are TTC for 5 months now...was on birth ctrl pill for 5 years....havent gone to doctor as yet...periods are 28-29 days cycle...hubby is 34 and healthy....I am 10 kgs overweight though:( stress eating....:hide:..have been since 18..I am 29 years old now...want to know how long it takes usually...thank you all very much!:)

2. Unkown

Unkown New IL'ite

I think its better to get a general check up done with your doc, I am 30 and only when we were trying to concieve that we got tested about PCOS. The doc may advise you to loose a little weight. Get yourself checked and then keep trying.. all the best.. hope you concieve soon..

3. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Took me 3 years. I am 29 now & overweight and have PCOS.

4. Meera101

Meera101 New IL'ite

Thank you so much for replying.:bowdown....yes thats my big fear:hide:...fear of the unknown....my periods are regular and I dont see anything unsual about my body other than weight..it is soooo difficult to control eating...it feels it is the remedy for all troubles..:bonk..i know it sounds weird but i am sure atleast some of u can relate to me...anyways... I am praying that I do not have PCOS...I have seen many heavy set friends of mine conceive naturally...but we know sometimes people do not share so much...I am so glad i can talk to you friends here...:cheers
    BTW, could you pls share what symptoms you had when u were diagonized with PCOS? ofcourse..not able to conceive soon enough....but what else....also what did you do to cure pcos? pls advise me...thank you:kiss

5. Meera101

Meera101 New IL'ite

Hello Chandrika, how much OW were you? I am 74 kgs at 5 feet 3 inches...pls share...i wanna know if weight always creats a problem? I have seen some friends that look like me..having babies....

6. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Meera,
    Drink butter milk whenever you feel hungry. You wont feel like eating for a few hours. It is keeps your bowl clean and healthy.
    And answering to your question, we were planning for 1 year. Then it took 5 moths to conceive.

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Meera,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here..
    You might need 3 or months initially to come out of the effects of BCP. Since you are in 29, You can have a general check up or preconception check up & proceed. That will surely help you!
    All the best. Baby dust to you!

8. Meera101

Meera101 New IL'ite

thanks ladies!!!!:)
    I am hoping that I will get more replies because I really wanna your personal experiences of how long it took to become pregnant the very first time!

9. kuttysnandu

kuttysnandu Junior IL'ite

hi meera

It depends upon person to person and body condition..
    Im trying for the past 6 months..

10. Meera101

Meera101 New IL'ite

buttermilk idea is great....thanks...
    kuttysnandu---Good luck with TTC!!!