1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How is your spouse's reaction when you admire someone of opposite gender??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kavya007, Apr 21, 2010.

1. vinaya1234

vinaya1234 New IL'ite

Liked what you said. It is so true in our case too.

We are totally opposite personalities, dh and me, and his possessiveness towards me is kind of like a glue holding me to him. I cannot imagine him being like me or vice versa.
    I just love the way he is though initially during early years of marriage it irritated me.

2. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Interesting... I never thought about this. Mainly because I have my fav. actresses and DH has fav. actors. It was never of opposite sex. So just for the sake of posting in this thread, I started admiring a hero in front of DH and this is how the conversation went -

Me: I like hero Ram, he is very handsome and cute.
    DH: So??
    Me: Are you not possessive or jealous?
    DH: Why?? I don't mind.
    Me: :bonk Why are you not possessive.
    DH: Why are you complaining. Not being possessive or jealous is a good thing, right?
    Me: Husbands of ladies on IL are possessive.. in a good way.
    DH: Ok, tell me how I should feel and I will.
    Me: I won't.

And I kept arguing :rant ....... till he finally threatened (jokingly) to block Indus Ladies website on my laptop. :hide:

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Possessive? Not? Why? Why not?

Your DH is not the first to have uttered that (I have, and am sure many DHs have said that). What can poor DH say when DW is doing all circus acts of confusing them? :) You tell them what they should feel, they'll try to "feel" for the feel :)

Otherwise leave us to watch our sports or TV :biglaugh

4. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

:rotfl I guess DWs like to get voluntary feelings from DHs, not forced ones. Is that too much to ask? :bowdown

:biglaugh OMG, guess all guys are alike. When we were having this conversation, my DH was watching a movie (2012) and I guess he wanted to get back to the movie, so resorted to asking "Ok, tell me how I should feel and I will".

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

See, I could guess that :thumbsup

Half the time, when I'm watching Tendulkar nearing a century if DW comes and asks "feeling" related questions, then I'd like to give the correct answer quickly. Voluntary answer may or may not be correct. My only feeling is "How quickly can I get back to the action?" :idea

6. vidhkarthik

vidhkarthik Bronze IL'ite

Oops...I think we are a weird couple.

Am not jealous if he looks at good looking women - Infact I point out many women to him if I think they are hot, good looking or definitely worth a look. I have admired men in front of him and my liking has never affected his decision to like them or not.

7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

It is kinda strange in my case. I voluntarily point out at good looking girls and tell him, "She is beautiful, don't you think so?", "wow, look at her hair. So pretty , right?", etc.. (He will be defensive, thats a different story. :rotfl)

Infact I am quite OK if DH says some lady audience in TV show is pretty etc. BUT, I can't take it when it comes to celebrities.. I get 'little' jealous and will not like that heroine.. and will feel so happy when she is out of field!! May be is it because it would be too hard to match celebrities?!:bonk

I admire only celebrities most of the time for their talents than looks. Common men, never felt in an admiring way, so no talks of that sort.. I don't think DH can take it either.:)

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

You are not weird. Its quite the same here too.

9. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

My wife figured out that I like women with big...eyes. I have been trying hard to shake off that reputation but failing...

She is also comfortable admiring men but that doesn't happen often. She does like a couple of heros one of who I absolutely hate! Dunno if that's because of one of those things...

Well, she also can not stand me appreciating nayanatara for some reason, though I dont' particularly care about her. I am yet to figure out why!

10. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

isnt it the same way you would react if your DH did the same thing.. give him a break.. he is not doing anything wrong..