How is the "lifestyle" in Bangalore compared to USA?

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by anika987, Mar 23, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,
    I will be moving to Bangalore by next year :)

I had a good time in the USA despite certain factors.

How different is Bangalore compared to USA?

Are the neighbors very friendly out there?Here, people are very formal and hardly get to meet anyone?we felt lonely at times.How about there?

Also,how do you spend time as a homemaker?what do you do during weekends?

thank you

2. mysonmyworld

mysonmyworld Silver IL'ite

Hi..I moved to B'lore from USA in 2009.it was difficult to adjust for the 1st 3 months. now its been 5 yrs i dont even remember usa anymore nor would i want to go there again.i have lots of neighbours to talk to and i dont feel lonely at all. i was working in US..now i am a homemaker.i have a 3.6 yr old kid to take care of. when he is in school (2.5 hrs)i do all cooking and household chores with the help of a maid.when he takes a nap in the afternoon i read novels/browse/watch tv/cleaning/try new recipes,etc.in the evening i take my son out to the park..there are lots of kids and mothers.sometimes i play badminton with other moms. my husband is free during the weekend..so we go to malls,movies,exhibitions,etc. life is good in india.

2 people like this.
  3. sreena12

sreena12 Senior IL'ite

Brinda

Bangalore is an amazing place to live!! I miss B'lore :( It'll take you a while to adjust to all the noise, the traffic and the crowd. But totally worth it. You'll definitely enjoy the warmth B'lore has in store for you. People are very friendly. I'm sure you wont have a lone time like people have in the US. B'LORE is a metro, a fun place to settle down!

I'm pretty sure you won't miss the US :)

Regards
    Sreena

2 people like this.
  4. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Like it or hate it...you certainly can't ignore them. That's the mantra of neighbours in india and same applies for bangalore. Yep, they will be friendly if you too reciprocate their feelings.
    One thing you'll love will be the awesome weather throughout the year (no extreme heat nor extreme cold) and amazing malls and hangout places and shopping places. Oh boy, girls that we are! This is important for us, no? ;)
    One thing you'll hate in blore- " TRAFFIC"!!! And the noise pollution and dust especially if your house is on main roads or in commercial areas of the city.
    And yes, cost of living is marginally higher compared to other cities in india. But I guess you coming from US wouldnt find it hard to manage expenses. :)
    Overall, blore is my fave place in India. I would prefer to settle there in future if I get a chance.

sindmani and (deleted member) like this.
  5. DinkyManoj

DinkyManoj Silver IL'ite

Dear brindha

Blore is an amazing place with good weather, friendly people.Safety is also there, so there's nothing to worry, although it'll take some time for you to adjust but things will definitely get better and happier.

1 person likes this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Wow! I feel so good and excited already!!
    thanx so much for the lovely answers dear ladies..

awaiting more:)

7. larapowell

larapowell Bronze IL'ite

Bangalore is one of the best cities in India to live in. Of course tha standard of living and facilities won't be that great as compared to US but will definitely be one of the very best in India.

1 person likes this.
  8. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Bangalore is just an amazing place. Its a truly a cosmopolitan city with right mix of people. Try moving to a society apartment with good amenities.

People are friendly and muy son has a good bunch of friends who are like our extended family

1 person likes this.