1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

How is she doing it??!!!!

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Rakhii, Aug 11, 2012.

1. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Enna vachi comedy keemedy pannalaiye?

Translation----{Are you making fun of me?}

Just kidding yaar.

Thanks for your feedback on "Worst dressed celebrities "thread.

Really your cleaning routine makes me feel small.

I do have a routine.

Please,take a look .

1.As you mentioned,I do keep all the unused vessels ,ceramic dolls,in carton boxes,make a list of them and paste it over the box.While arranging these boxes in loft,we ensure that the label faces the front for easy identification.

These boxes should weigh light,so that we ladies can handle them easily.

2.On the first of every month ,I will start with a room.Two days for a room.Cleaning cobwebs,windows,wardrobes present in the room,netlon , tube-light,etc.

Other room on the third day.

Kitchen on fifth day.Changing papers on shelves,drying groceries in sunlight.

On seventh day hall .Dusting sofas,TV cabinet etc,.

3.Once in a month ,cleaning all the ceiling fans is my mother's duty.

4.Every Saturday bathrooms.tiles,wash basin and closets.At that time I wash all the combs using old toothbrush and loc.Other than that ,whenever i feel there is a yellow stain in the western closet or wash basin,I will clean it before I bath.

5.Once in a month ,I put lines in the corners of my house with lakshman rekha during night time.Corners means all the corners including bathrooms in the house.

Every time I change news papers in kitchen or wardrobe shelves,I draw lines with lakshman rekha and then only I put the papers over it.

6.I am paying my maid extra hundred to dust computer table ,fridge and TV cabinet daily before sweeping and mopping the floor.

7.LOC ,an Amway product is very helpful for cleaning purposes.

8.Fridge,I clean once in every three months.

9.I wash whites every Friday and coloured special clothes every Saturday .

10.I keep a big plastic bucket in the balcony to store all newspapers,broken toys,cartons that come along with monthly groceries and once in a month sell them to old newspaper buyer.

11.When I feel like cleaning,I take some thinner and clean all the switch boards,telephone,TV,computer monitor,TV remote,clocks,cell phones.You will be amazed at the look it gives .

12.Once in a while ,I use see spray,an Amway product ,more effective than Colin to clean all the mirrors and french window panes.

Hope this helps a bit.

Lakshmi6197, Bubbles, sbmat and 6 others like this.
  2. nagvnvn

nagvnvn Silver IL'ite

really informative and helpfull...

1 person likes this.
  3. ravioli1970

ravioli1970 Bronze IL'ite

hi Rakhi,
    when my child was younger, this is what i did. i hope it helps.i picked up the toys and everything else the night before i went to bed. now, i try not to buy too much as i get very attached to my things and dont throw out much. therefore , buying more add to clutter as space is limited. i clean every friday as soon as i get home from work so the whole weekend the house looks clean. ofcourse, dishes never end especially if u have a lived in house like mine where people enjoy being home. some tips hope it helps

4. sita_r

sita_r Bronze IL'ite

Kishoremommy, brb_va -

Nice to note that people like you are able to set a routine and follow it. Many times i do prepare a routine but never able to follow it.
    Following your pattern makes it seem to easy too..:) thanks for the tips, will try to implement and let you know if I succeed.

2 people like this.
  5. kishoremommy

Some times ,I do feel bored to follow a routine ,particularly when guests are visiting.

It is not wise to spend time in dusting and cleaning ,sticking to the routine like a strict military officer.

I prefer spending time with the visitors if they are my favourite persons like my sister,cousins.

If I want to run away from mokkai pieces(Hope you have an idea who I am referring to )I do intensive cleaning.That is the only good result of such people's visit---a clean sparkling house.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

a.This attitude of keeping things clean is the First requirement to make the House Sparkle.
    b. Laziness is the first Enemy. Dont feel Lazy to keep things at the Right Place. If the dress has to goto laundry Basket, it has to go there and not lie on the Bed.
    c. Its a Family Job!!! Yes ..The sense of Cleanliness has to be with the whole Family and NOT you alone. Without the Family Member 's Co-operation it is not possible to keep the House Clean.
    d. Use Time Judiciously.Dont allocate separate time for Cleaning. Have them done as you do your other Chores. Like Cleaning the Wardrobe can be done while watching a Film or Listening to Music.Cleaning the Bathroom Shelves can be done when you take Bath (Ofcourse on Saturdays and not in Hurry). Cleaning the Kitchen Shlves can be done as and when you are cooking.

These are some tips i follow to keep my House Clean ;)

7. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Dear Kishoremommy,

Nice tips really! I did not pull your legs ya. Actually your routine is what i used to follow initially, and since i come back late, i can only spend 20 mts for any cleaning activity. And i have to cook and clean up the clutter, wash dresses and everything. Thats why such a small routine. Yours is amazing, and feel good thing.

We have two washrooms, one is dry and one is wet, meaning the dry ones are always maintained dry and its meant for the guests, it will carry a small mopstick which i would wipe dry every time. This requires maintenance only once in a month. The other washroom is for normal usage, and i maintain that every week/day, whenever i find little time. Whenever i watch TV, i usually clean my window grills and switch boards, which is easy to maintain that too Colin helps. For me, a colin bottle, a scrubber, an easy off bang bottle, a big brush is always in my monthly list! Earlier i used to use LOC, even for cleaning tiles, but i still feel germs are hiding somewhere!

2 people like this.
  8. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Dear Kishoremommy,

I saw in that packet of Lakshman Rekha that it causes allergy to children if consumed accidentally. I do not know how others maintain. Even sometimes my kitchen gets infested with ants. I have now used the sheets that comes for 25kg of rice, in my shelves. Thats washable, and since newspapers' print have lead content in them, i dont use it for lining kitchen shelves. Does anybody know the kitchen liners (in chennai especially), i saw it online, but yet to check in stores in chennai. I just spray & wipe the shelves with colins, and spread the sheets. I dont spend much of time in cleaning the kitchen, as every weekend i just clean a part of the stack (we have 3 shelf stack together). Only 3 shelves and it gets done! even cleaning combs, i do it as a weekend activity as soon we are through with the hairwash. I just keep some warm water with shampoo along with the combs and hair brushes, and my DD cleans it up!

What is this thinner ya? I have not heard about it!

Kishoremommy, i want some more tips from you.

2 people like this.
  9. kishoremommy

Lakshmanrekha should be kept safely in a place that out of reach for children.Once in a while make lines in the kitchen slabs during night times.Just draw lines in each and every shelf and then spread the news paper.

News paper's lead is not going to go inside the containers.If you are referring to cooking vessels,I always arrange them in shelves , half an hour after washing and keeping them in a basin like this.

[​IMG]

Why do you use Plastic sheets.It is a big work to wash them ,dry and then spread in the shelves.

Thinner is available in all paint shops.It removes tough stains .Our nail polish remover is nothing but diluted thinner.

In cleaning chimneys,oily stains,paint stains....it is very useful.

Do get a bottle and you will be amazed with the results.

1 person likes this.
  10. Sridevi

Sridevi Bronze IL'ite

Hey,,, takes too long to read itself,,,,let alone, do each one of it :)

1 person likes this.