1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

How is she doing it??!!!!

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Rakhii, Aug 11, 2012.

1. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

And one big thing is everyday as soon as i'm back from office, i soak my clothes, my DD"s clothes and my DH's previous day's clothes in separate buckets, separate colors, and wash it off by hand. My maid manages washing only the night wear. I go fetch clothes every evening, ensure that i fold it and keep it in the racks, and i have kept the laundry basket only for giving off washed clothes for ironing. My weekend chore is just taking my DD to her classes throughout the day. I wash even the shoes and sandals we wear, on wednesdays. My shoe rack and my plants i give attention every week. I do have my hobby classes on 2 weekdays, but i manage to complete my work routine on other 5 days, and give me lot of time for my classes.

1 person likes this.
  2. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Sometimes, it becomes over stressful to clean the house one stretch, but this way its more organised and hassle free. And the loft i clean it when i get a holiday. I have cartons, which is packed neatly which has my steel utensils, my golu dolls, my craft box and everything. Every single thing is labelled with all the things inside, so its easy for me to retrieve it. I just have to check, now that its become a procedure so i just know my things by the headers in the cartons. You need to be busy the entire day, clearing the clutter to keep the house spic and span. But trust me, this helps me a lot in keeping up my weight. I do grind masalas in my small handgrinder (ammi), and ensure that i wash my/familys clothes myself.

3. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

But,brb-va are you an one woman army?

Can't stop wondering!!

4. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Hi Kishoremommy,

Cant help as i have to do this to keep a spic and span house! I cant sleep if i see a cobweb in my room or a small pile of dust on my window! Sometimes it is overstressful and i'm somehow managing the show! My DD is little allergic to sprays and dust! Have been practising this technique right from the day she was born! I seriously want to know some easier techniques too! And we do celebrate Varalakshmi vritham and navarathri (with golu dolls) and it becomes a hassle to clean up after the festival is over. I have to repack everything in the exact cartons and for the new dolls, getting a carton packed is a mammoth task!

5. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the compliment kishoremommy! I just love your posts and emoticons on the worst dressed celebrities. I have laughed enough and feel so good when you had given such a nice compliment!

"Vashishtar Vaayal I have got Brahmarishi Pattam today"!! :)

2 people like this.
  6. deepanivashini

deepanivashini New IL'ite

It is all time management and taking the action quickly. Most of us think that we can also do the cleaning and arranging later when we are free. But the fact is housewives are never free. Even if they are free they start bothering about the work yet to come.

7. Vasupradha

Vasupradha Gold IL'ite

Hi Bargavi,

Thats nice idea actually...I follow the same...I learnt this from my parents..and am cleanliness freak, because of my father...But my DH, standing in the opposite pole, magnating me...But somehow I am managing to keep things clean...though not crystal clean.....Like your ideas...and many, my ma follows...I see my ma , in you regarding cleanliness......S...Me too stik to less things....I packed all the unwanted , unused kitchen utensils , which mil brought from her place or bought, and stopped her from adding more...and only few pearlpets...with monthly provisions ,easy to clean...in three different sizes...Oil jars in a tray, with plastic cover, and over it , some old newspaper...and keep changing the newspapers weekly once...and the plastic papers monthly once, and can wash the tray also...that keeps my kitchen always neat...Will share more ideas later...and keep posting yours...very useful tips ma...

Vasu...

2 people like this.
  8. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Plan for the day the day before. Just think what is it to organise today. Just start room by room! Make a listing! Then you can decide on how to dispose, donate and then recycle whatever you have. If you plan to clean the window grills, spend not more than half an hour a day. I plan it this way : A month has 4 weeks:

I week - Mon - Cleaning Window Grills / Tue - Washroom cleaning / Wed - cobweb removal / etc
    II week - Mon - Wiping doors and windows / Tue - Cleaning exhausts, chimney / Wed - washing sandals
    III week - Mon - grinding masalas / and so on

This way even if you skip 2 days in a week, and not able to go with the routine, still its fine! You would be finding a clutter free home. Apart from this cleaning schedule, putting things back in place, without expecting others to do it, plays majorly. For the housewives, finish off your important work schedule like cooking before the children / DH starts for work. Then you can have your routine and keep half an hour for these cleaning up..

9. Keerthi09

Keerthi09 Silver IL'ite

Hi brb_va,

Thanks for nice tips...

And exactly i follow this kind of procedure..the time table kind of thing...every night i plan the next days task......the first thing in the morning is making up the bed..clean and tightly arrange the sheet under the bed...after my kid leaves...i quickly start my clean up session...firstly i check all the rooms one by one and keep things in place....and then i get into the kitchen....i cook and then i clean the stove,electric cooker and mixie and finally the counter top..i clean the sofa and tv while my DH reads newspaper.....so that i can discuss something or the other with him while cleaning ;) This is daily routine and other work like cleaning doors,windows,washing curtains and doormats,washing containers,cleaning shelfs...i plan 1 task per day(the night before...or whenever i get some xtra time)

3 people like this.
  10. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bargavi,

You are one super woman dear!!! Nice tips.... thanks for sharing :)

1 person likes this.