How is life in pune in comparison to gurgaon for housewife?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by imhappy, Mar 2, 2016.

1. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

I get bored to death in gurgaon. We have one car and one two wheeler, car is used by DH. Here driving on two wheeler is quite dangerous so I am almost at home on weekdays. Going out for groceries or veggies is my only outing on weekdays which is quite nearby so I go by walk only.

I really miss my home city where I would go anywhere on my vehicle at anytime. Here after sun sets it's difficult to venture out. Also no friendly neighbour so no chance of talking to anyone till DH gets home. I need some friends and face to face conversation to live life happily.

We have a slight chance of moving out from gurgaon to pune but it is not fix. It's just a possibility. But I am too curious about how is life in Pune? Can I go alone outside on my vehicle? How friendly people are there?

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Puneri people are very friendly and Pune is safe. You can freely move around alone on your two wheeler there. :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  3. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Pune is my hometown. Born raised and lived for almost 30 years before moving to US. I miss Pune a lot. One of the awsomest city to live. Very safe. You can drive around on two wheeler or call a rickshaw! People are friendly. Only thing I would say to be-friend anyone in Pune learn minimum Marathi. You will assimilate in no time if you can speak a little bit Marathi! :)

2 people like this.
  4. stilldeshi

stilldeshi Senior IL'ite

hi dear,
    It's hard to move from one house to other, whereas you have moved to different state, different language so give yourself some time to settle down, don't worry. You will make friends there as well. People are friendly there and stay positive and happy. All the best to you.

1 person likes this.
  5. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

@amica, @aspha and @stilldeshi thank you all my ilites friends! I feel relaxed a bit after reading your replies.

Aspha, for learning Marathi I have no tensions whatsoever! Do you know why? Coz my ex neighbour of here is maharashtrian. And I have good bonding with that family so will start to learn asap.

Stilldeshi you are right. Even moving only in India from one city to another I got a big cultural shock in Gurgaon. I now feel at home in Gurgaon only when I am "at home". Or when I get to meet my ex neighbour. I am neither happy nor sad, a detached feeling is what I can describe for Gurgaon.
    I hope I will feel at home in pune. :)

1 person likes this.