1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How important is it to have common interests in Married Life?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by IL_Admin, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Bronze IL'ite

One needs to have compatibility as distinct from common interests. and compatibility involves love and care even if there are no shared interests.

2 people like this.
  2. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I think the main thing is realising that not having things in common is OK.

2 people like this.
  3. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

i totally disagree that we should have common interest to have a "happy marriage".. only thing i was wishing my DH should have was "attachment and possessiveness" which actually DH didnt have and now he is super duper extra "attached and possessive" about me and our son!!

me and DH dont have anything in common except our field of work ie computers... that was because of match fixing (ours is an arranged marriage)..

he likes Chinese movies (i mean jackie chan and all that dishum dishum stuff) i mean action movies any language (hindi, english, tamil, telugu, malyalam, kannada :eek:mg:) i am totally in for comedy and to an extent romantic especially few songs will be totally nice to listen.. i am totally into music...( i wish to learn some day... yet to join a class...) but we watch movies with each other... we have no complaints... (now we dont get to watch movies much as tv mostly on cartoon channel laugh1smiley).. he even got me addicted to english tv channels for few series! and i got him addicted more to music.. as i play music when i feel tensed and stressed laugh1smiley

food... he is a non-vegetarian and i am a vegetarian... he eats nv outside with friends and co-workers when he wants and eats veggies whatever i cook... doesnt force me to have nv and i didnt force him to eat only veg :)

according to me... .A happy marriage is one where we have fights and peaceful "me time" and adjusting to each other without ego and anger...

we both are short-tempered... but we know when to blurt out and when to shut up... so despite the match fixing... no common interests... no common habits.. and its been 6 beautiful years full of fights... anger... love... attachment and all... and i dont ever regret one bit of agreeing without thought.. as my parents were tired of searching for 3+ years without success!!

4. kyroopa

kyroopa New IL'ite

Hi All,

In this high technology world where everyone is busy with their mobiles and laptops, husband and wife chat and reply on wats app:) so its very important to have common interest so that they can share quality time to strengthen their bonding.

Thanks!!
    Roopa

5. nwasim

nwasim New IL'ite

Mind matching is very important. And if minds differ one has to transform accordingly to maintain a good post-married life.

6. swarnae

swarnae Senior IL'ite

We enjoy watching TV together, go for long drive, some lonely times, walking together, Shopping........

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Sreeb3007'

Did you know that this feedback you have written was the first nomination that FP received this month?! Thanks goes to Iyerviji and congratulations to you!!

This is a wonderful reply. When marriage takes place between two individuals, two different people are committing themselves to a life long bond. To top it, if it is an arranged marriage, there is no guessing how alike or unlike we are from each other. If there is no promise to compromise a little and to learn a little of each other's likes and dislikes, marriage will not work out!

So, that is the Mantra...Compromise, give a little, take a little and march together towards a harmonious future...ok, a near harmonious future too will do! :))))

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  8. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister @Kamla,

Well consolidated in a couplet, Hope more sisters drop in, will also find sometime to contribute here.

Aum Sairam

9. smritisah

smritisah New IL'ite

It is most necessary to have common interest in the married life. According to my opinion the couple must have attraction, love and understanding each other. Every one has different interest and choice but when we are married to a person we have to respect our beloved one and his choice also. It is necessary to keep understanding and care to one another so that relationship will be strong.

10. Pramaa

Pramaa New IL'ite

I don't think its important to hv common interests.. its important to respect each others interests....

but u must spend time with each other over a cofee or something despite of hactic schedule.. n cooking together is indeed a grt fun.... that makes the dish taste evn better!!!!

1 person likes this.