1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How i lost my weight without dieting

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by beautifullife30, Aug 10, 2012.

1. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ruchi

I had a normal delivery.....so i guess thats how i could manage the stress. but since yours is c-section, try to take things a little slow as i have seen a lot of my friends still undergoing pain...so try to gradually substitute your diet with low fatty foods like take a lot more fruits and include salads .... since you are still feeding, going on a strict diet is not good for you and baby... and do light exercise...walking always helps......taking your baby out for a stroll.....but please always ensure you are fit and healthy.... never overdo anything just to reduce down

2. beautifullife30

hi varloo

as i had mentioned in the title...it does sound too good to be true but i did lose more weight than what i gained. actually me and my husband were along taking care of the baby...so you see, the entire household work, along with taking care of baby's needs (i breastfed the baby until he was an year old) had that effect on me.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Then I must say you are very lucky. I was taking care of my paralysed father in law and young son but never lost weight then. Only after going for walks regularly and being on diet, did I lose weight. I gained those lost kilos because I discontinued my diet and walk regime. Now I am trying again to lose weight.

4. vanna

vanna Gold IL'ite

Thanks for those wonderful tips!....compromising on eating is just too tough but working out at the same time is good idea for shaping up!...as my hubby says " eat but workout"...i do the same and iam still maintaining!.....Enjoy life in Healthyway!....Good shape increases our confidence and that glow automaticaaly shows on our face, it always look fresh without any makeup!....:)

2 people like this.
  5. vidyagan

vidyagan Bronze IL'ite

hmmm, even i am going to start doing all house hold works and try

6. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidya ,
    If you have time , start following a exercise routine . Why should you go for house hold works ?
    Do you think a guy would for house hold works for losing weight or for fitness ?
    Treat yourself special .

Lets spend atleast 1 hr a day for our health and personal grooming .

7. beautifullife30

hi Vidagan

the reason i quoted household works coz they took up most of my time when i was at home during the maternity leave. but once i started working i kind of shifted to walking. So try to pick one exercise which is most effective way of reducing according to your body or you can combine two or three like me. Like i now do a little household works, walking, and then some waist twists....i am particular about a slim waist.

But one of my friends actually goes for yoga for an hour in the morning and she has reduced a lot.

So choose your pick.

8. sheetalvan

sheetalvan New IL'ite

Hey Thanks for sharing, I had c-section 8 months back, but after 3 months i have been doing all the household work by myself and till now I lost 4 kgs...and still losing fast....Its true that if u do all the household work by yourself, u will definitely lose...but by the end of the day, u get tired like anything...

9. beautifullife30

hey sheetal

great this is working for you too.....infact my mom used to say the same to me. Its absolutely wonderful experience of loosing that extra pounds and also seeing out house beautiful and clean. As you said...even i get tired by end of day so at that time i just take a good hot shower, wear fresh clothes and smell fresh and then go to sleep......oh the sleep used to be so heavenly then (until my LO used to wake up crying for milk :p)

10. hetha

hetha Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    As beautifullife30 said, it is very much true because i had also lost 3 kg when i went for vacation to India. In my inlaws place which is village where i have to do all work by myself and no servant maid. No dieting or fasting and i had my regular food habits where as in my present house i use to be in dieting and fasting. i did not do any exercise oe walking which i use to do here. really, i was surprised and shocked when i checked my weight. Without my knowedge, i lost weight. may be this is the old mantra of reducing the weight.

1 person likes this.