How Has Life Changed For You?from College Till Retirement With Work And Kids?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Nov 13, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

A random thread..
    Trying to pen down my thoughts..

ladies of any age can respond:)
    You can stop with whatever phase you are in..

I am 36 and a mom of a four year old.

College days..

Damn was in wild! A huge flirt under the prevention of miss goody goody :)
    Thoughts raced from boys,money,shopping,movies and beauty..jealousy was in full form lol

Married days newly..

Quite romantic initially,I was dumb not to understand dh,awesome vacations,clubs and pubs,clothes and shopping

Now a mom..

Not too bothered about looks but I decently maintain myself.more Relaxed and easily able to appreciate others,simple life ,like movies in YouTube,thoughts about my kids,mom,inlaws mostly and of course dh :)like cooking..emotionally getting better and having a better understanding of who Iam and accepting the reality.more grounded..

Now I wonder how much better life can get in the future..

This is me..
    What about you?:)

vaidehi71 and KashmirFlower like this.

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Well, let me think about my life...

College days...
    Very ambitious. Wanted to achive something, so it felt like wasting 4 years inside the college. I wanted to explore the world independently, thus couldn't wait to have my freedom, specially financial freedom to get out of the family nest.
    But on the other hand, I was a usual college girl, who dumped the lectures to watch movies, and have fun outside of the college with friends. Hostel life was awesome too.

Professional life
    That's the best part of my life so far. It was like a second college. All my colleagues were just college pass outs, and the team was called "junior professional officers". No one in our gang was married then. We had a nice boss, and so much great opportunities to explore the world in the name of trainings, workshops, career guidance and on-site working opportunities. It were so motivating.
    Life in a multicultural office with staff from different part of the world was so amusing. It felt heaven.
    More over the financial freedom. Earning in dollars, that too in 6 digit salary was awesome.
    That's when I met my H, and dated him too. So needless to elaborate the blissful moments here.

Marriage
    It was dramatic since the beginning. Needless to speak about the hiccups an inter-religious marriage could have in our part of the world.
    It felt like God is taking back all the happiness in my life in the name of marriage. Once the kid was in, I could not think about moving out of the marriage so easily.
    The first 2 years were no worst than a living hell.

But the second stage is promising. I took charge of my marriage life, and controlled the things that happened in my life.
    Slowly everything fell in the right place.
    Set up a family of our own, build our own villa, own circle of friend, relatives, and created a nice life for us.
    Now that growing old together as family feels really great. No complaints about my current family life.

I just became a mom immediately after marriage. So there is nothing to separate my marriage from this mommy role.
    The past 5 years were all about being a mom. I cared less about my personal life or even my profession. But everything was about the kids.
    Slowly it is changing. It feels so great to see my elder son is growing independent, and the daughter follows him.
    It feels a little relaxed, and gives me hopes that I can get back to my personal life sooner or later.

With that hope, I am getting back to my professional life. The same old life as it appears. Let's hope for the best.

anika987 likes this.