1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

How Hard/easy Is To Do A Beautician Course And Get Started To Work From Home

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by abc00, Nov 23, 2017.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

I'm having vague thoughts on this but no clue how to go about. Can anyone throw some light on this or share your experiences.

What are other entrepreneurial ideas ?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017

2. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

What exactly do you mean by beautician ? Do you want to work as hair stylist , esthetician, manicurist/ pedicurist .The options are so many so depending on what you like , consider enrolling into cosmetology schools . There are plenty of reputed schools which will provide training and you can then acquire licenses and start your own . You will have to complete set number of hours to get the license . I would strongly recommended you to research several school if you are serious about making it as a career. Sephora and Mac may offer workshops so it’s always good to get a hands on experience with those . With years of training and experience , you can either join the leading , reputed salons or start a cosmetic line of yours. We women are always looking for more innovative products in hair , skin and makeup so we need more entrepreneurs in this industry :)

Recently , Sephora has started accelerator programs where they choose selected women entrepreneurs who have started their own beauty products . The competition to get into it is fierce but you will hit a jackpot if you can break into it .

3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Better to become Licensed Beautician/Easthetician (spelling?) of the state where you are living.

Google for your state's Licensing Board.

Usually they tell type of courses to take, how to practice and study for licensing exam.

4. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Thanks @Sunburst and @ChennaiExpress for your reply. I would like to add I'm looking at mostly doing facials (to begin with) Can you provide more inputs on this. Yes,I'm doing a google search on Esthetician courses and getting related info.

5. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

My brother’s wife is a SAHM and took some courses in hairstyling, eyebrow threading, and recently, microblading. It served her well, she charges $300 for microblading alone. They live in a condominium building so many of her customers, esp. the elderly ones, just get the haircut and threading from her. For microblading, she gets her customers from Facebook.

Goodluck and all the best! :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  6. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

@momsky thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know from where she took those courses. I'm exactly looking like that. It will help me.

7. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

My brother had a business trip in Seoul and my sil tagged along and took a 4 day course. This is the school’s website www.kspmu.com/curriculum/

Haircut and threading lessons was back in Mumbai.